The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Mental health nursing at City

Hi! I've had an interview last week for City for Mental health nursing, I was just wondering is there anyone else out there who will be doing MH nursing in sep? Also! If there is anyone who has done MH nursing at City and what it was like? (I went to City last year for a different degree but wanted to transfer - it was VERY academic obviously and I'm a little afraid that nursing will be the same and they'll be no room for movement/practical side. I got ABB at A level though)
Reply 1
Hi, I'll be starting on the pgdip mental health nursing in September! Think even though you're doing the BSc we'll still have some classes together!

Think the undergrad degree will give you more time and should be a little more relaxed as you cover the course material over 3 years.

It will probably be academic but I'm sure they'll teach you the skills you need to complete your work. Don't worry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Should start the undergrad MH programme in September. The undergrad programme is half practical and half 'academic' as mandated by the NMC. The practical side will see you doing placements in the East London trust area.
Reply 3
Original post by lemon_polo
Should start the undergrad MH programme in September. The undergrad programme is half practical and half 'academic' as mandated by the NMC. The practical side will see you doing placements in the East London trust area.

How long did you get the offer after your interview? My interview was 2 weeks ago - they said it went really well, but i haven't heard back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hi, I got a response on the same day, with UCAS confirmation the following. However, some of my mates have had to wait several weeks for a response on the adult course. Part of the issue could be finalising student numbers from the nhs. At the stage, no news is good news. And here's to seeing you in September!
Reply 5
Original post by lemon_polo
Hi, I got a response on the same day, with UCAS confirmation the following. However, some of my mates have had to wait several weeks for a response on the adult course. Part of the issue could be finalising student numbers from the nhs. At the stage, no news is good news. And here's to seeing you in September!

I got an offer ^_^ YAY
Reply 6
Congrats on the offer! Btw do you guys know anything about when we can apply for out nhs bursary and tuition fees?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
@J_say - I think I had my interview on the same day as you!? Congratulations on your offer, I got mine today as well :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by harry_gee
@J_say - I think I had my interview on the same day as you!? Congratulations on your offer, I got mine today as well :smile:

I think you did haha! Hi! YAY are you going to firm it or is Kings your first?
Reply 9
Congrats guys. From the offer email it says to wait for the NHS to contact you to do an account on BOSS ... However , I began mine before I realised this. Don't think it really matters but could delay stuff!
Reply 10
Yeah I thought we had to wait for the nhs to contact us first. However I rang admissions at city uni london and they said you can apply as soon as you get an offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Also on the boss website it says they do not send notification emails out to people. ( they might have changed their policy?)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending