The Student Room Group

Changing course after second year of university

Hey :smile:

Just wondering if anyone has ever had experience with changing course after second year at university. I'm currently studying a combination of mathematics and physics modules and I'm really not enjoying the physics aspect of the course anymore and I would much prefer to study a pure mathematics course. The first year core modules are the same for my current degree and the pure mathematics degree. My initial thought was to just take as many maths module as I can in third year but I don't have the pre-requisites required for some, hence forcing me to choose modules I really do not want to.

Is it likely that I will be allowed to do this?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Student280
Hey :smile:

Just wondering if anyone has ever had experience with changing course after second year at university. I'm currently studying a combination of mathematics and physics modules and I'm really not enjoying the physics aspect of the course anymore and I would much prefer to study a pure mathematics course. The first year core modules are the same for my current degree and the pure mathematics degree. My initial thought was to just take as many maths module as I can in third year but I don't have the pre-requisites required for some, hence forcing me to choose modules I really do not want to.

Is it likely that I will be allowed to do this?

You're best to speak to your personal tutor; only they can give you the answers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending