The Student Room Group

My manager and I

So basically I work for a large well known company as a General Assistant just on weekends whilst I am finishing off my A-levels (I am 19). I have worked there for the last two years but in the last six months a new manager has joined (he’s 29). He isn’t my manager personally, but he does work as duty manager on Sundays (If I have a problem I have to talk to him). When he joined in around October and I fancied him straight away, I told a few people that I work with that I thought he was good looking because I didn’t think it would allude to anything.

So I went to a work Christmas party at the beginning of December and he was there. We somehow started talking from about 10pm-1am (until he left). Me and him were stood alone together practically the whole night and we got along really well, like he was flirting with me saying things about how good I looked that night and things like that. Obviously because he is a manager it caused a lot of attention, I turned round to him and said something like “everyone is looking at us and you know they’re going to all be talking about us tomorrow at work” and he turned round and was like “maybe we should give them something to talk about” and smiled, and basically the whole night it was just flirty banter like that.

But the more the night went on, the drunker I became (he bought me a few drinks as well) and I ended up saying some embarrassing things like “come back to my house” and things like that, but he knew I was drunk and that I wasn’t serious so he didn’t really mind and he just laughed along. He basically ended up saying that couldn't say whether he liked me or not because we work together things would be difficult.

Towards the end of the night he left and the next morning called me into the office and told me he had gotten back with his girlfriend that night and that he was sorry :frown: (they aren’t together anymore though)

So, a few months on and me and him are pretty awkward at work. People at work have said that he constantly stares at me when I walk past and when I walk past him he always looks at me directly in the eye even though I try and avoid eye contact with him, it's hard to explain, but I know he looks at me differently to everyone else. He will find excuses to talk to me and he is either really nice towards me and has loads of banter, or he’s a complete ****, like he will stare at customers infront of me and double take at them to make me jealous. The other day I was in the warehouse and a guy at work asked me if “put out” for a mutual friend that we had and my manager just looked at me and turned away and wouldn’t talk to me for the rest of that day.

It’s really hard because I’ve never liked anyone as much as I like him and I don't know what to do!

P.S neither of us would get in trouble with work for being together.
Reply 1
Well tell him you don't like how awkward its become and thatyou do really like him and see where it goes.
What a bloody boss

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending