The Student Room Group

Bank of England 1st year summer internship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by welcometoib
in all honesty, felt much more comfortable doing this sort of work, suits my skill set more imo, so hopefully its ok! They have started reviewing apps if people have passed tests now I think, no itws yet.

Yeah me too! Btw, what are the dates for this internship? I know it just says "summer" - it would be great to find out the specifics!
Reply 21
So I take it if you have no rejection by the next day then you probably passed? I did the tests under an hour ago.. scary times ha :tongue:
Just did the test. Hopefully I passed.
Original post by kitkat19
So I take it if you have no rejection by the next day then you probably passed? I did the tests under an hour ago.. scary times ha :tongue:

I want to know this too. I did the test several hours ago. No reply hopefully means we are through. I'm guessing its an automatic system and if we don't get a set mark then we get auto rejected?
Reply 24
Original post by adamsmithqm
I want to know this too. I did the test several hours ago. No reply hopefully means we are through. I'm guessing its an automatic system and if we don't get a set mark then we get auto rejected?

I figured out how to know. Basically your application status at the moment will be 'you have been invited to take an online test' When your results have been verified it changes to 'your application is under consideration' .. so check your application track :smile:
I figured out how to know. Basically your application status at the moment will be 'you have been invited to take an online test' When your results have been verified it changes to 'your application is under consideration' .. so check your application track :smile:

Thanks. How long did yours take to change? I'm guessing I'll have to wait until after the weekend to know.
Reply 26

yep
yep

do they email you or do you have to check on the site? and how long does it take after completing the test?

If I didn't meet the threshold for the test would they have sent me a rejection already? Its been 24 hours.
Reply 28
do they email you or do you have to check on the site? and how long does it take after completing the test?

If I didn't meet the threshold for the test would they have sent me a rejection already? Its been 24 hours.

i did test 2 days ago, app online says under consideration now, insinuates a change in something, so passed test. Friends who failed test got rej email hour after doing test.
i did test 2 days ago, app online says under consideration now, insinuates a change in something, so passed test. Friends who failed test got rej email hour after doing test.

I'm worried that I've failed but the reason it hasn't updated is because its the weekend.
Reply 30
I'm worried that I've failed but the reason it hasn't updated is because its the weekend.

I did it Friday evening, so don't think its because of that. Not to worry, on Monday it will say your app is under consideration
Reply 31
Thanks. How long did yours take to change? I'm guessing I'll have to wait until after the weekend to know.

Yeah youll prob need to wait till after the weekend.. mine had updated the next day but i did it on thursday :smile:
I did it Friday evening, so don't think its because of that. Not to worry, on Monday it will say your app is under consideration

Yeah youll prob need to wait till after the weekend.. mine had updated the next day but i did it on thursday :smile:

Thanks

It's monday and I still have no reply. Do you reckon if i failed they would sent an automatic rejection email by now?
Reply 34
HR replied to my email about dates. The internship is running from 7th July to 22nd August :smile:
Reply 35
It's monday and I still have no reply. Do you reckon if i failed they would sent an automatic rejection email by now?

have you checked your app?
Reply 36

Go onto your application track.. you have 99.9% passed if you have no reply :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by lgy05
HR replied to my email about dates. The internship is running from 7th July to 22nd August :smile:

Thanks so much for finding this out!! gave you + rep :biggrin:
Reply 38
Does anybody know how many stages there are in the application process? Also do you know if everybody had to do the test or if the test was only given to a selection? Can't seem to find much :/
Reply 39
Original post by alaska.
Does anybody know how many stages there are in the application process? Also do you know if everybody had to do the test or if the test was only given to a selection? Can't seem to find much :/

Everyone gets given the test. If you pass they re-screen applications and there is just a telephone interview then offer :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending