The Student Room Group

I know I'm going to get more than my predicted grades, so what do I write in my CV?

I am currently applying for some work experience at a magazine and it's an excellent opportunity that I do not want to miss out on. I am in my AS year and I'm predicted 4 Cs (due to my GCSE score which was only low because of my C in maths and dance which aren't even relevant to my subjects!) I know that I'm going to achieve higher than my predicted grades as my recent assessments and mock results show this (A in Spanish, A/B in sociology, B in English and C in geography), so what do I write in my CV?
Original post by louise9
I am currently applying for some work experience at a magazine and it's an excellent opportunity that I do not want to miss out on. I am in my AS year and I'm predicted 4 Cs (due to my GCSE score which was only low because of my C in maths and dance which aren't even relevant to my subjects!) I know that I'm going to achieve higher than my predicted grades as my recent assessments and mock results show this (A in Spanish, A/B in sociology, B in English and C in geography), so what do I write in my CV?

Unless the job ad specifically requests it, I wouldn't even mention your predicted grades. I've been on both sides of this - I've done work experience at a mag and I've hired work experience students once I've got a job. What's most important is that your application shows off your ability. Do you have any existing work you can show them? If not, can you put something together and include that? Think about things you can do that will make you stand out over and above your academic subjects. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest