The Student Room Group

Most unattractive characteristic in a girl/guy?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joey11223
They can't all my most in fairness, is this some sort of points scoring table of suitability? I mean if a guy had one of these negatives but was great bar that, would be stand a chance?

*Glances to dress sense"

*....Glances to childish...kinda,,,but you're talking about males here so...lets not be too unrealistic* :tongue:

Depends which one, some are only bad in conjunction with others. Like childish on its own is okay but when you add it to drinks a lot and is boring it's SO annoying :tongue:
Reply 21
Original post by Callumfm
Common and unhygienic. Also clingy, possessive, paranoid, boring, no sense of humour and controlling. The main one is one that tries to hold me back from living my life to its full potential.

Original post by TheBBQ
You aren't saying he has to be a hipster do you? :confused:

Depends on your definition of hipster. Both me and my boyfriend have been called hipsters before but I don't really see why someone having their own interests and style is hipster
Girls with too many demands and expectations. Most of the time, the people who have the most don't tend to be much of a prize either.
Reply 24
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Depends on your definition of hipster. Both me and my boyfriend have been called hipsters before but I don't really see why someone having their own interests and style is hipster

Purposely trying NOT to be mainstream. e.g. you wear some kind of clothing that isn't really popular but then it suddenly becomes popular, you stop wearing it.
Or just having obscure interests to only be different
I don't like a boring girl.
Depends which one, some are only bad in conjunction with others. Like childish on its own is okay but when you add it to drinks a lot and is boring it's SO annoying :tongue:

Ah I see.

My dress sense is terrible, it's probably still not considered great as I don't like jeans, but my outfits now do at least colour code properly as my girlfriend helpfully made a diagram with columns for different t-shirts/hoodies/chinos/combats and what is supposed to go with what. Though of course, I have to assume she knows what she's doing... :tongue:
Original post by TheBBQ
Purposely trying NOT to be mainstream. e.g. you wear some kind of clothing that isn't really popular but then it suddenly becomes popular, you stop wearing it.
Or just having obscure interests to only be different

See that's stupid. I have obscure interests and a sense of style but I'm not going to abandon it if it becomes popular and I'm into it because I like it. I like people to be genuine, not just trying to be trendy
Ah I see.

My dress sense is terrible, it's probably still not considered great as I don't like jeans, but my outfits now do at least colour code properly as my girlfriend helpfully made a diagram with columns for different t-shirts/hoodies/chinos/combats and what is supposed to go with what. Though of course, I have to assume she knows what she's doing... :tongue:

That is amazing :tongue: my boyfriend is a good dresser, he likes clothes. He takes longer shopping than I do!
Reply 29
On a girl:

-High bodyfat / cellulite

-Bad breath and hygiene in general

-Manliness (I like girly girls)
Facial hair. When I see a girl with a tash it's all I can think about (in a bad way)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Can't stick to only one so: 1. Lack of humour 2. Spends more than 5' minutes in front of the mirror before going out 3. Right wing
Reply 32
Misogyny, homophobia, racism, sanism etc
Was very right wing
Didn't want kids
Was into mainstream stuff
Unintelligent
Drinks a lot
Doesn't have any hobbies outside watching football
Childish
Bad dress sense
Boring
Is generic

Lol good luck...
That is amazing :tongue: my boyfriend is a good dresser, he likes clothes. He takes longer shopping than I do!

Yeah she decided after three years of me forgetting the rules on colours, especially what colour shoes I can wear with certain outfits, that I needed a paper copy. I can't even blame dyspraxia for it, bar possibly the dislike of wearing shirts, but then she doesn't like them either. But at least I don't wear jogging bottoms, I think I'd get murdered.

Anyway to answer the thread myself...

Probably too serious/can't laugh at themselves.
Original post by MASTER265
Lol good luck...

I have a boyfriend of 2 years
Yeah she decided after three years of me forgetting the rules on colours, especially what colour shoes I can wear with certain outfits, that I needed a paper copy. I can't even blame dyspraxia for it, bar possibly the dislike of wearing shirts, but then she doesn't like them either. But at least I don't wear jogging bottoms, I think I'd get murdered.

Anyway to answer the thread myself...

Probably too serious/can't laugh at themselves.

Haha that's helpful! :wink: at least now you know. I really want to see photos of this chart :rofl:
Reply 36
I have a boyfriend of 2 years

I know I meant with your future endeavours
Haha that's helpful! :wink: at least now you know. I really want to see photos of this chart :rofl:

Tbh it's not that amazing as she was running late, no time for pretty coloured arrows like she'd normally do, but its functional.
Tbh it's not that amazing as she was running late, no time for pretty coloured arrows like she'd normally do, but its functional.

It's just the idea it's brilliant. I'd never have thought of that
When someone hasn't any passion within them, that can be a huge turn off. I value intelligence, probably more than I should, and if I feel like I won't be inspired by them in some way, I tend to categorise them as uninteresting. It's probably unfair on my part but that's how it is for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending