The Student Room Group

Relationship advice - the Ex factor

I broke up with my boy last September. At the time I didn't know why - I just suddenly felt this intense hatred for him, which was quite scary to be honest. I just couldn't be with him. I didn't want to break up with him, but he took it that way. I just wanted a break.

Anyhow - we broke up, and I flipped back again into loving him. At the time, I had no idea what was going on with my own emotions, so I couldn't explain to him. All I knew was that I wanted him back and that I was going to end up alone.
I stalked him for a while, though. I would text him every night (with or without replies) and I just wanted that relationship back.

Recently, I was diagnosed with Borderline persoanlity disorder - which explains, and is characterised by, insecurity within relationships - a fear of being alone, but a hatred for the person you are with ("I hate you - please don't leave me")

I'm wondering if I should email him and explain this to him - not what I've got as such, no details, just that I've been diagnosed with something which is almost definatly the reason I broke up with him.

I'm not looking for forgiveness, I'm not looking to get back with him - I just feel that I owe him an explanation for why I broke up with him, as I couldn't exaplin myself then.

Any thoughts? x

Now, I think
Yeah if you wanna tell him then do it, least he'll know but whether he accepts it is another matter, if he truely cares though he will accept it.
Reply 2
i think you shoudl tell him, if hes a nice guy he will be understanding of you condition, if hes not, then hes a dick, and u deserve better!!

Latest

Trending

Trending