The Student Room Group

To all you ladies out there, would you date a muslim?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marinaim
mmm yes top gear is awesome!

XD pathetic; judging my opinion when you know 0 of the reasons because I didn't write any so how you can possibly say that is ridiculous. cuuuteee.

Think you would find some people would agree with him. People will judge you on what you have written, we aren't mind readers. If you just write NEVER!, people will judge you on that "NEVER"
As an agnostic myself, I'd be less likely to date someone of any religious persuasion than someone agnostic/atheist, I think. My interest in religious psychology aside, I wouldn't want any disagreements about how to raise children and what beliefs to instil in them.
Reply 82
Original post by becauseimhappy
Think you would find some people would agree with him. People will judge you on what you have written, we aren't mind readers. If you just write NEVER!, people will judge you on that "NEVER"

It was 2am, effort to have explained then, otherwise I would have forgotten about the thread.
Also it is of no concern if people choose to judge my word just because of what they assume :wink: If they asked why, I'd consider them far more intelligent than someone stupid enough to assume.
Reply 83
I find them extremely handsome but I would not date/ marry them. I will not leave my religion nor will I let my future children being in that situation. My culture is similar in the strictness but not over the top, but the religion is very different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was 2am, effort to have explained then, otherwise I would have forgotten about the thread.
Also it is of no concern if people choose to judge my word just because of what they assume :wink: If they asked why, I'd consider them far more intelligent than someone stupid enough to assume.

I agree that nobody should assume anything, but considering you could be bothered to continue talking about top gear and you have continued posting, one would have thought that if you cared to give a reason, you would have done so by now.

In your reply, instead of quoting him and reacting on that, you could have given your reason.

Now may I ask, why the stern "never"?
Original post by czechmishaout
I wouldn't. I'm a devoted atheist and could imagine dating a mild Christian, because I kind of understand that religion and accept their values. However, other religions are too far from my cultural background and I can't imagine my partner having different opinions on such fundamental values etc. I don't mind having Muslim friends, I love them all, regardless of race or religion, but we are allowed to be a bit pickier when choosing a life partner :smile:
Also, I'm mostly attracted to Caucasian or mulatto (white & black) guys. This is not a racist statement in any way, simply my preference. And most Muslims are not in either category, so I've never really had to worry about this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are about 130 million Muslims in that category

By the way, can we stop opening threads like this? They're breeding grounds for Islamophobia and discrimination.
I agree that nobody should assume anything, but considering you could be bothered to continue talking about top gear and you have continued posting, one would have thought that if you cared to give a reason, you would have done so by now.

In your reply, instead of quoting him and reacting on that, you could have given your reason.

Because some people are less evolved than others and haven't learned not to hate.
Reply 87
Probably not.
mmm yes top gear is awesome!

XD pathetic; judging my opinion when you know 0 of the reasons because I didn't write any so how you can possibly say that is ridiculous. cuuuteee.

I don't need to know any reasons, it's a stupid statement without hearing your reasoning. Just like people from the EDL who want to cull immigrants, no one cares about their reasons because it's an outrageous statement regardless.
Reply 89

Oh saying top gear is cool required minimum effort :colondollar: fell asleep shortly after anyway.

And definitely never to marry - I hate kids, and I understand that would not be a value shared. Also I would never convert, I disagree with many aspects of Islam. I would certainly not appreciate being a second class citizen in their eyes, and as being an Atheist I understand would be 'unpopular' I doubt any muslim would like me anyway.
In combination for regular dating, I disagree with too many values and beliefs of islam to get along with someone muslim.
Never mind the fact I doubt I would get on with someone seriously religious in any religion anyway.
Then also add in the fact a strict follower would be a non drinker, no sex before marriage etc it wouldn't work. Plus there'd be no place for it to go as marriage would be a nono as above. The steretype that they'd leave for a virgin would be irrelevant as I'd never go that far.
Then add in the fact that if they weren't strict in those respects, I'd question why they were muslim and being a hypocrite which would annoy me also, same as if they were catholic but had sex before marriage and didn't go to church etc.
enough? I'm sure I could think of more. :cool:

Original post by Kolasinac138
I don't need to know any reasons, it's a stupid statement without hearing your reasoning. Just like people from the EDL who want to cull immigrants, no one cares about their reasons because it's an outrageous statement regardless.

Lol, you're silly. P.s. EDL don't believe that, just shows you're a media sheep :wink:
Oh saying top gear is cool required minimum effort :colondollar: fell asleep shortly after anyway.

And definitely never to marry - I hate kids, and I understand that would not be a value shared. Also I would never convert, I disagree with many aspects of Islam. I would certainly not appreciate being a second class citizen in their eyes, and as being an Atheist I understand would be 'unpopular' I doubt any muslim would like me anyway.
In combination for regular dating, I disagree with too many values and beliefs of islam to get along with someone muslim.
Never mind the fact I doubt I would get on with someone seriously religious in any religion anyway.
Then also add in the fact a strict follower would be a non drinker, no sex before marriage etc it wouldn't work. Plus there'd be no place for it to go as marriage would be a nono as above. The steretype that they'd leave for a virgin would be irrelevant as I'd never go that far.
Then add in the fact that if they weren't strict in those respects, I'd question why they were muslim and being a hypocrite which would annoy me also, same as if they were catholic but had sex before marriage and didn't go to church etc.

Lol, you're silly. P.s. EDL don't believe that, just shows you're a media sheep :wink:

Oh yeah, are you an avid follower then?
Reply 91
Oh yeah, are you an avid follower then?

no, not at all, I'm just not a delinquent sheep like the media make of everyone.
no, not at all, I'm just not a delinquent sheep like the media make of everyone.

I'm sure you can make that assumption of me given you know not a single thing about me
No. I was raised a Catholic and despite not being extremely religious there will still be a culture clash in the relationship.
(edited 10 years ago)

Ah that's better. The fact that you have reasons shows that you have at least thought about why you wouldn't be with a muslim and that you are not just another ignorant fool (no offence).

You have some misconceptions about islam but its probably what you have been told/ heard. As I have said previously, you can never be a proper muslim if it has been forced on to you. I understand why you would question people as to why they choose some aspect and not others but don't forget that nobody believes in a religion for you. Why they accept certain parts and not others, I don't think its fair to ask somebody to justify that to you as that would be matter between them and their God. They probably have their own reasons. :colondollar:
Why does everyone think that muslim guys will force their beliefs on them if they dated xD ?

Only problem i see with interfaith marriages is the children really. What set of beliefs would they be raised in?
Original post by KaylaMary
as a Roman Catholic..
Islam and Catholocism are the two closest religions in the world, our Bible is closer to the Qur'an than the Christian versions of the Bible :smile: peace be upon you sister
and to answer the OP.. of course, I'm in love with an amazing Muslim man :colondollar:
Islam is simply beautiful

As similar as the religions are, the fact that Christians don't believe in the teachings of Prophet Mohammed (basis of Islam) and the fact that Muslims don't believe Jesus was the Son of God (basis of Christianity) means that any similarities which you may find, doesn't really make much difference.

No I would not date a Muslim, all those whom I have met try to choke you with their beliefs and have first generation families who are not westernised. Those who I know also smoke fags and weed to compensate for the fact they can't drink. Yeah yeah.... I know they are not all the same blah blah, but I can find someone who is non-Muslim makes me happy. So I don't need that hassle.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 97
I'm sure you can make that assumption of me given you know not a single thing about me

It's not an assumption like you make dear, it's based of your statement that is completely untrue and even unfounded by the blooming media.

Ah that's better. The fact that you have reasons shows that you have at least thought about why you wouldn't be with a muslim and that you are not just another ignorant fool (no offence).

You have some misconceptions about islam but its probably what you have been told/ heard. As I have said previously, you can never be a proper muslim if it has been forced on to you. I understand why you would question people as to why they choose some aspect and not others but don't forget that nobody believes in a religion for you. Why they accept certain parts and not others, I don't think its fair to ask somebody to justify that to you as that would be matter between them and their God. They probably have their own reasons. :colondollar:

Ah yes, but while some religions allow you to 'pick and choose' I would say that Islam, Catholicism etc are not ones that you can do that with based on what their holy book says. E.g. while someone may see themselves as a gay muslim, that goes against the belief itself and as such I would not see them as a muslim.. :s-smilie:

What are the misconceptions? just that or?
Lets be frank, if he was an oil rich arab who'd buy you prada **** and Lamborghinis etc you'd all go for him, so cut the crap.
It's not an assumption like you make dear, it's based of your statement that is completely untrue and even unfounded by the blooming media.

Ah yes, but while some religions allow you to 'pick and choose' I would say that Islam, Catholicism etc are not ones that you can do that with based on what their holy book says. E.g. while someone may see themselves as a gay muslim, that goes against the belief itself and as such I would not see them as a muslim.. :s-smilie:

What are the misconceptions? just that or?

It's completely untrue? No, it's based on my impressions from watching these skinhead degenerates in real life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending