The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's thread Mk IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pseudonymegg
after interview how many days does it take to get a response?

I had mine last Friday, and can take up to two weeks. After that if you haven't received an email then call HR.
Original post by Robbo-92
Don't think you have to phone in every day, but I think a member of management will phone you up on the 2nd or 3rd day off sick to have a chat with you, see if you are any better, when you might be coming back to work etc. But if you phone in sick and say you are at the doctors about the problem on Friday they may just give you a ring on Friday after your appointment to see what the doctor said.

I'm pretty sure you have to phone in sick every day, unless you have agreed long term sick leave

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 783
What shoes do you all wear? Been doing alot of overtime lately and noticed that my trainers are not comfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NonaxD
What shoes do you all wear? Been doing alot of overtime lately and noticed that my trainers are not comfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see a lot of people wear all black vans

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QE5
Is it ok if I use another email address and create a new account. Since my failed interview last week, I have been unable to apply for new vacancies, as I get an instant rejection saying that I failed to reach the benchmark score.

You're not allowed to have a second account.

You have to wait six months to apply for the same type of role.

Posted from TSR Mobile[ppp
Your not allowed but the system didn't stop me from making a new one. It was never flagged up either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NonaxD

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just wear black pumps but I spend most of my time on a checkout. Depends how much walking you do, I suggest proper work shoes if you are handling roll cages, fractured my ankle on one once and it wasn't fun.
I had my interview yesterday morning, seemed to go fine but then got an email later that night saying i had been rejected :frown:

However during my interview my interviwer said i wouldnt hear back until next week as thats when the other candidate is having their interview, is it possible theres a mistake?

I have been trying to find the telephone number for the HR for the store but have been unable to see it anywhere
Original post by printergirl
I had my interview yesterday morning, seemed to go fine but then got an email later that night saying i had been rejected :frown:

However during my interview my interviwer said i wouldnt hear back until next week as thats when the other candidate is having their interview, is it possible theres a mistake?

I have been trying to find the telephone number for the HR for the store but have been unable to see it anywhere

Hi, that is a possibility. Sometimes they take a look at your answers (to the DVD) straight after the interview, and if they did not feel your answers were fit for the job they can terminate your application on-the-day. There is of course a possibility that they've made a mistake, and in this case you can reply to the email just to clarify.

It's not the end of the world, you can always re-apply for other roles within Sainsbury's stores, there's always new jobs they have available. Best of luck anyway.
Original post by Walkaah
Hi, that is a possibility. Sometimes they take a look at your answers (to the DVD) straight after the interview, and if they did not feel your answers were fit for the job they can terminate your application on-the-day. There is of course a possibility that they've made a mistake, and in this case you can reply to the email just to clarify.

It's not the end of the world, you can always re-apply for other roles within Sainsbury's stores, there's always new jobs they have available. Best of luck anyway.

thanks for the advice,but at the interview it seemed as if there was only one other candidate who was being interviewed for the role and their interview wasn't until later on in the week. I felt as if i did fairly well in the tests maybe i didn't

Im looking for the phone number to call, the email address is a no reply one
thanks for the advice,but at the interview it seemed as if there was only one other candidate who was being interviewed for the role and their interview wasn't until later on in the week. I felt as if i did fairly well in the tests maybe i didn't

Im looking for the phone number to call, the email address is a no reply one

Quite a difficult situation you've got there. You can always go into the store and ask, I had my interview last Friday and haven't had a reply yet. It is a bit strange that you heard from them on the day of your interview as my interviewer said 2-3 days (but is usually about a week or two) haha.
Original post by Add!ction
I just wear black pumps but I spend most of my time on a checkout. Depends how much walking you do, I suggest proper work shoes if you are handling roll cages, fractured my ankle on one once and it wasn't fun.

Where there's blame, there's a claim! :u:
Original post by Walkaah
Quite a difficult situation you've got there. You can always go into the store and ask, I had my interview last Friday and haven't had a reply yet. It is a bit strange that you heard from them on the day of your interview as my interviewer said 2-3 days (but is usually about a week or two) haha.

Unfortunately the store isn't in a great to reach area so i dont think it would be worth my time, just hope i can find the hr number or another vacancy pops up!

For the personality tests, were you supposed to go onto extremes such as strongly agree/disagree? i chose agree/disgaree for most
Reply 794
Original post by NonaxD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Luckily because of where I work Sainsbury's have to supply us with safety trainers.

Even though I receive deliveries, we can't have steal toe caps as it's also a petrol station.
Original post by Walkaah

Haha yeah but I was pulling two at once :P
Unfortunately the store isn't in a great to reach area so i dont think it would be worth my time, just hope i can find the hr number or another vacancy pops up!

For the personality tests, were you supposed to go onto extremes such as strongly agree/disagree? i chose agree/disgaree for most

I answered strongly agree/disagree more than I answered agree/disagree, but I don't know if I have got the job yet so what do I know! :wink:
Reply 797
Original post by Walkaah

Not really, Sainsburys aren't obliged to buy you shoes unless you need the safety ones. Pulling a cage doesn't require it so no blame there.

The in store HR will be on an extension to the store number I believe so you won't find the number online. You should have had an email during application that would have a phone number on I'd expect.

Original post by thatg
Luckily because of where I work Sainsbury's have to supply us with safety trainers.

Even though I receive deliveries, we can't have steal toe caps as it's also a petrol station.

What is the difference between the safety trainers and steel toe caps then?

Original post by Add!ction
Haha yeah but I was pulling two at once :P

The only way to pull a roller is two at a time :biggrin:
Original post by dhr90
Not really, Sainsburys aren't obliged to buy you shoes unless you need the safety ones. Pulling a cage doesn't require it so no blame there.

The in store HR will be on an extension to the store number I believe so you won't find the number online. You should have had an email during application that would have a phone number on I'd expect.

i found a number for hr on the email! no store number though, should i give them a ring
Reply 799
Original post by dhr90

What is the difference between the safety trainers and steel toe caps then?

Safety shoes have extra grip because of the slippery forecourt and no steel toe caps due to the fuel vapor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending