Sainsbury's thread Mk IV

Scroll to see replies

Happy payday!
Original post by mylesminott
Happy payday!

Yaaaayyy
Anyone else? Thanks :smile:

Original post by panda7190
Okay so my induction is next Friday (in the mean time I'm still working my current job and just can't wait to leave!) and I wanted to know a couple things :smile:
(...)
2. I read about Cycle to Work scheme, how long do I have to be with the company to sign up for it? And can anyone that used this scheme, explain how exactly does this work please? I read about it on Sainsburys website but would like to know about it a little bit more.
(...)

4. My position will be team leader in training but I have been interviewed for checkout team leader. Does that mean I will be trained on every department? (I'm actually so excited about this! I've never worked in a supermarket before!)

5. Will I also get a pay rise after 26 weeks of service or is that only band 2 colleagues?
Just got an interview with sainsburys but I need to organise the time and all that so I'll do that after my asda one today.
payday - in, then straight back out again!
Reply 985
Final Paycheck is £400 underpaid fantastic!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ryan17.
Final Paycheck is £400 underpaid fantastic!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure you didn't owe them holiday entitlement because you took more holiday than you had worked for

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GeordieFan
Need some help.
I knew i was going to university in September (28th i start).
So i booked off 80% of my holidays in July, August and September.

What happens if i get a dual store contract, will i have to repay holidays?
Also if i dont get a dual store contract, will i have to repay holidays (I will be holiday temps).

anyone?
Reply 988
Original post by elzginger
Sure you didn't owe them holiday entitlement because you took more holiday than you had worked for

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope had it checked by the store manager .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ryan17.
Nope had it checked by the store manager .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well payroll is entered by the store so ask one of the HR clerks to check. If you're in a local and the manager doesn't know get him to contact payroll.

What break do we get for working 6 hours?
Okay so my induction is next Friday (in the mean time I'm still working my current job and just can't wait to leave!) and I wanted to know a couple things :smile:
1. I know that everyone has got their lockers, would I get one on my induction? (Where I work now sometimes it takes a couple months for people to get a locker)

2. I read about Cycle to Work scheme, how long do I have to be with the company to sign up for it? And can anyone that used this scheme, explain how exactly does this work please? I read about it on Sainsburys website but would like to know about it a little bit more.

3. Can anyone explain the ladies uniform sizes? I assume they come in Small, Medium, etc. Does anyone know the numerical equivalent as even though it's normally pretty obvious, as I was reading through the posts here, quite a few people ended up with a wrong uniform size.

4. My position will be team leader in training but I have been interviewed for checkout team leader. Does that mean I will be trained on every department? (I'm actually so excited about this! I've never worked in a supermarket before!)

5. Will I also get a pay rise after 26 weeks of service or is that only band 2 colleagues?

Thank you so much for your answers and sorry about too many questions.

I'll answer to the best of my ability although I imagine some of this can vary store to store :smile: I Had a locker given to me on my induction and I think there are a few spare lockers too so you should get a locker although not sure if this vary's store to store.

Can't remember exactly about the cycle to work scheme, I got told about it at my induction so you probably will too. I'm not sure if there is a specific time limit you need to work for the company to sign up but they'll definitely be able to answer at your induction anyway :smile:

Being male I have no clue about ladies uniform size :P All I can tell you is if it doesn't fit just tell them and they can get you a different size :smile:

I have no clue if you'll be trained in every department for team leader in training tbh. That's something you might have to wait and find out :P If you are it will probably be so you can familiarize yourself with how the rest of the store works (since checkout team leaders often have to go and find items for customers - like eggs if they are cracked when they go through till). But yeah, not 100% sure on that since I'm not a team leader :P

I imagine you might get a pay rise after 26 weeks but once again it's something that's easy to find out at the induction?

If you've never worked at Sainsbury's before you have a lot of training videos to look forward to :P You should get a colleague handbook at your induction too which answers pretty much every question you might have :smile:
Thanks :smile: I know I will find out most of things at my induction I'm just really stressed, I've got a week left!
Reply 993
Thanks :smile: I know I will find out most of things at my induction I'm just really stressed, I've got a week left!

Be generous with your uniform size - the trousers run small so don't be afraid to ask for one or two sizes larger. The top was a good fit one size bigger. Remember that you're having to wear these clothes for a long period of time so you want something comfortable and a bit loose (especially trousers if you're sat down at the tills!)
Original post by Folks
Be generous with your uniform size - the trousers run small so don't be afraid to ask for one or two sizes larger. The top was a good fit one size bigger. Remember that you're having to wear these clothes for a long period of time so you want something comfortable and a bit loose (especially trousers if you're sat down at the tills!)

I'd say the complete opposite. My trousers in my normal size were balloon pants! So huge around the crotch, knees and ankles.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by greenfly125
I'd say the complete opposite. My trousers in my normal size were balloon pants! So huge around the crotch, knees and ankles.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Amen!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 996
Original post by Add!ction
What break do we get for working 6 hours?

20 minutes.
Reply 997
Original post by GeordieFan
anyone?

If you've booked a 80% of a full year's entitlement and plan to leave in September, you'll end up having to pay back out of your final wage packet, whatever you've taken over what you're entitled to.

That said, managers shouldn't really allow you to book that much of your entitlement in the first half of the year.

If you take a dual store contract, you'll still be working for Sainsbury's so you won't owe any money.
Reply 998
1. I know that everyone has got their lockers, would I get one on my induction? (Where I work now sometimes it takes a couple months for people to get a locker)

Each store has lockers, you'll be allowed one.

I've uploaded the policy here for you to download: https://www.mediafire.com/?vkmk0ipf0i48yx7

3. Can anyone explain the ladies uniform sizes? I assume they come in Small, Medium, etc. Does anyone know the numerical equivalent as even though it's normally pretty obvious, as I was reading through the posts here, quite a few people ended up with a wrong uniform size.

I'm a man - so I won't be able to help on this one!

As a team leader, you'll need to complete a minimum amount of training which usually encompasses multiple departments. Whether you then work multiple departments will be a decision taken by your line manager.

All non-salaried [i.e. grade 2 and 3] colleagues are entitled to an automatic pay rise after 26 weeks - basically, within each pay scale, you have a probationary rate and a competency rate [probationary]. In Convenience, a full-time grade 3 team leader also gets on top of their hourly rate increase, a skills payment of £62 per month. Unsure of whether a supermarket team leader gets anything similar.
Original post by bubelah
If you've booked a 80% of a full year's entitlement and plan to leave in September, you'll end up having to pay back out of your final wage packet, whatever you've taken over what you're entitled to.

That said, managers shouldn't really allow you to book that much of your entitlement in the first half of the year.

If you take a dual store contract, you'll still be working for Sainsbury's so you won't owe any money.

I've only been working there 4 weeks but I've been told to book off my 55 hours that I'm entitled to!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending