The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If they're using it to rub it in that they're "better" than you, then they deserve to be beaten to death :ninja:

The exception to this is Phil "CM Punk" Brooks, because he's Straight Edge, and that means he's better than you!

:love:
Reply 21
just a question, sXe means straightedge right?
Reply 22
according to wikipedia, yeah sXe means straightedge
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_edge

I don't smoke, drink or do drugs and I never even knew about sXe... nevertheless I don't believe that everyone should be like that, its just my personal choice.
Reply 23
yeah it does
most sXe people tend to be lameoid 'scene' kids, plus there's a bizarre relationship between the teetotalling and the music they listen to (ie. you're supposed to listen to a particular type of music to be 'truly' straight-edge).

in principle it's a good thing though and I agree with their sentiments
Reply 24
im not bothered! its upto them if they dont wanna drink and not do whatever else it is that they dont do.....i dont remember
Reply 25
lala_land
just a question, sXe means straightedge right?

I swear it's some Txt Spk way of reaffirming their love for themselves...
I'm sXe, are you? No? Aww... well, you can piss off then. And get me an organic pineapple juice while you're up.
Reply 26
Since Daryl Palumbo lost his edge, it's no longer cool. :wink:

I'm not fussed. I do find the tattoos odd though (particularly the lip thing) and think the group mentality of it is a little odd.
Reply 27
I like to keep a straight edge on my knives. But, so does everyone else who works with knives. Is this wrong?
supertramp
Straight edge is lame. Never say never and all that. Where is their curiosity? They must be quite dull to have decided not to even try anything like that.

it's not that they haven't tried it. some people do all kinds of stuff and then suddenly decide they want to become straight edge. some because they're following the crowd, some just because they don't agree with drinking, drugs, etc. Personally I think if you're going to abstain from one of those activities, then fine. But why put a label on yourself and say you are 'straight edge' ?!
Reply 29
do they drink caffine?? isnt there other substances they dont go near?
Reply 30
The main prob I have with straight edge, is thats It has evolved out of a music genre, which has often promoted the opposite....
Reply 31
I think the straight edge the OP is referring to is the hardcore influenced sXe 'scene', the kids with crosses tattooed on their hands, the peculiar dress sense, the hardcore music and dancing etc. These idiots won't even take medicine, caffeine and so on, sticking literally only to anything that's natural and doesn't affect your body or mind in any way. It's all pretty pathetic really; I don't kill people, yet I don't create my own subculture to prove to others that very fact. Still, I guess people have to 'belong'.

Even worse though is the militant straight edgers who try to forcefully impress their views on abstinance from everything upon others- remember, drugs are bad, but beating someone up for drinking a beer is ok! Glad this kind of attitude is mostly prevalent in the US though, the ******s.
Reply 32
EffingKrazy
do they drink caffine?? isnt there other substances they dont go near?
Some do, some don't...technically they shouldn't, but some only use the "no drugs" label in reference to hard drugs.
Reply 33
Plenty of losers don't smoke or drink without the need to call themselves straight edge. I think its the preserve of elitist arseholes.
Reply 34
omg so by drugs that means no medicine? but that's crazy!! are u sure?
Reply 35
EffingKrazy
omg so by drugs that means no medicine? but that's crazy!! are u sure?

Yes. Herbal remedies only. :rolleyes: I wonder how straight edge they'd be if they had a family and contracted Cancer.
Reply 36
Laika
Plenty of losers don't smoke or drink without the need to call themselves straight edge.

sigh
people like you make me sad
Reply 37
mermania
sigh
people like you make me sad

Don't worry about it, it's just a joke. But smoking and drinking are awesome.
Reply 38
Laika
Don't worry about it, it's just a joke. But smoking and drinking are awesome.

You can have my share of cancer sticks and get drunk for me then :smile: (save me a drink though :wink: ).
Reply 39
If you want to make a personal life-style choice then fine, I just think it's pretentious and w***erish to then give yourself a label and try and shove it down peoples throats. Plently of people abstain from drugs etc without massing together and forming a group whose primary function is surely to fuel their own sense of self satisfaction.

Latest

Trending

Trending