The Student Room Group

Best Scottish Uni for Primary Education?

Hello, I've applied to do primary education in a few places this year. I have been accepted to Glasgow, although, like you say, I think it's quite prestigious and seems to be very involved in the religious side of things so I don't want to be there. However, i also have offers from both Aberdeen and Strathclyde and I'm finding it so hard to pick which one I want to go to. I've looked at the course details of both and feel that they both sound good. Plus there's always challenges with everything, it's just something to push through. If anyone has any advice for how I choose, or know if one is better than the other or anything I'd be really grateful for the help. Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Just_Saoirse
Hello, I've applied to do primary education in a few places this year. I have been accepted to Glasgow, although, like you say, I think it's quite prestigious and seems to be very involved in the religious side of things so I don't want to be there. However, i also have offers from both Aberdeen and Strathclyde and I'm finding it so hard to pick which one I want to go to. I've looked at the course details of both and feel that they both sound good. Plus there's always challenges with everything, it's just something to push through. If anyone has any advice for how I choose, or know if one is better than the other or anything I'd be really grateful for the help. Thanks! :smile:

Have you had a chance to visit the universities? Remember that they are in different cities, so visit the cities and have a look around both as well as the different universities and see which you prefer. Often people are clueless about which uni to pick before they visit but it comes clear after they visit. Also have a think about which course you prefer, I'm not sure how the degree is structured and if it's similar at all universities but do you get the same amount of time in placements, look at the structure and see which you prefer and take that into consideration along with what you think when you visit. Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest