The Student Room Group

Tall People Problems

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Silvan Elf
Getting glared at at concerts and having people complain about the 'tall person' (me) stood in front of them. :frown:

be proud of it! concerts aren't cheap and i wouldn't waste my money to hear insults...
Reply 61
Original post by mynameisntbobk
:lol: that awkward bend you have to do on the tube just to fit

Buckledmodel.JPG

Which do you relate with most? :tongue:
Reply 62
Currently standing at 5'8 but my actual height is somewhere between 5'11 - 6'0
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
Buckledmodel.JPG

Which do you relate with most? :tongue:

First.. I think :tongue: but with the head bent as well
Original post by mynameisntbobk
:lol: that awkward bend you have to do on the tube just to fit

surprising that you actually use the tube, being tall in a small space, aint good me.
Original post by BlackThunder10
surprising that you actually use the tube, being tall in a small space, aint good me.

I don't use it that often. Last time I used it was when I was coming back from Nottingham in February and before then was a whole week of work experience during September. I don't really have a need to travel by tube that often
(Member of master race checking in)

When people ask you what the weather is like up there
Reply 67
Original post by r_u_jelly
(Member of master race checking in)

When people ask you what the weather is like up there

Spit on them and say it's raining.
Reply 68
I'm 5ft 11 and have size 10/11 feet. Therefore shoe shopping is torturous as there are very few shoes available on the high street and online retailers seem to believe that it is ok for them to charge extortionate prices for shoes which most people would consider to be just average. :frown:
I'm 5'7 is that considered tall?
Original post by Danz123
I'm willing to bet you wouldn't be as happy if you were 6'8 and he was 5'6. Would you still be with him despite being so much taller?

Yeah, I don't understand your agenda? Why are you trying to turn a thread about height into a thread about the culture of society?

The "so happy" comment was in relation to my relationship with him, not specifically his height.
Reply 71
Original post by The Wild Youth
Yeah, I don't understand your agenda? Why are you trying to turn a thread about height into a thread about the culture of society?

The "so happy" comment was in relation to my relationship with him, not specifically his height.

:lolwut: um... I have no agenda. I simply switched the heights around and was simply curious as to whether that big a difference in height (with your bf being over a foot shorter than you) would suddenly be a dealbreaker.
Reply 72
you can still pop over there, and take the mick out of them "midgets" lol. Well us tallers like you types of girls.

Haha:biggrin:, brilliant idea. I do feel bad as I just make the "tall" category.... But oh well that 1/2 inch is all that matters!

EDIT: (I did not realise how dirty that sounded):colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by Lakesx
Haha:biggrin:, brilliant idea. I do feel bad as I just make the "tall" category.... But oh well that 1/2 inch is all that matters!

EDIT: (I did not realise how dirty that sounded):colondollar:

Ayyyyyy :')
Original post by hannahmcd
I'm 5ft 11 and have size 10/11 feet. Therefore shoe shopping is torturous as there are very few shoes available on the high street and online retailers seem to believe that it is ok for them to charge extortionate prices for shoes which most people would consider to be just average. :frown:

Damn we got the same size feet, we have 1 thing in common. Woooo

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 6'5 :smug:
Original post by jaydoh
I'm 6'5 :smug:

Share your problems friend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Share your problems friend

Posted from TSR Mobile

I bump my head of door frames quite a lot.
Original post by jaydoh
I bump my head of door frames quite a lot.

Happens to me too, but that's cause I'm just careless :frown:.

Outstanding avatar :biggrin:
Original post by elpistolero7
Happens to me too, but that's cause I'm just careless :frown:.

Outstanding avatar :biggrin:

:hat: thanks

Quick Reply

Latest