The Student Room Group

The Lush Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
FizzBitch
:p:
What stuff do you use?
One of my guy friends gets all his skincare products from Lush. When I first met him, his acne was pretty bad, but then he started using Lush stuff and his skin has cleared up so much!

Ocean Salt and Skin Drink! Just face products, I don't bother with the rest of me! I only use SD because I get really crappy skin after coming out the shower. Which is annoying :frown:.

Melting Sugar.
You're definitely not the only guy who uses lush :p:

Hah! Thank god :smile:
FizzBitch
I've added fresh pharmacy to the list, but not dark angels. I looked for them both last night on the Lush website, and it said on Dark Angels "for dark skin", which I presumed meant for mixed race or black people? If not, I'll go buy it with my birthday monies :p:

Oh I'm sure you won't regret it. :grin:...

As far as I'm aware it's for all skin types, several of the assistants in the store have now converted to this product as their daily cleanser and the majority of them are white.

I use it every day and combined with fresh pharmacy it;s fantastic.
FizzBitch
I've added fresh pharmacy to the list, but not dark angels. I looked for them both last night on the Lush website, and it said on Dark Angels "for dark skin", which I presumed meant for mixed race or black people? If not, I'll go buy it with my birthday monies :p:

lol I think it meant dark like evil and naughty..
History Rocks
Staff members get fifty percent off. :woo:

I miss my discount :sad: I was lucky enough to work there for two months in the run-up to Christmas last year and I was absolutely gutted when I had to leave because they didn't need so many staff any more :sad: Everyone in my family got Lush stuff for Christmas and my Auntie is a big Lushie so she sent me a list and I got her over £130 pounds worth of stuff :p: I've got so much stuff to use now though, including 2 Humango's (the staff got given one each because they had to be recalled :p:) and tons of Rock Star/Honey/Angel Delight :love: Also got tooooooons of shower stuff but we haven't had a shower at home for 10 weeks :eek3: I don't want to use it all up though :woo: I keep going into my local Lush in Norwich and reminding the manager that I want a job there :p: I used to smell sooooo good when I got back from work :yep:
noaksey
Damn, after flicking a few pages back it seems like i'm the only guy that gets stuff from lush :o:
I only use 2 things though!

Nah there have been other blokes in this thread, plus my boyfriend (and sometimes my dad even) use lush stuff. I don't think your manlyness is under-threat hee.

__Katy

Yeah, possibly. I think I might just go for The Blonde whilst on holiday and see how it goes. Because no matter how amazing Juniper is at keeping the grease away, I don't think it will survive the barrage of sun cream, chlorine and sea salt!

Have you used the blonde before? Just I usually have quite oily hair and find it can be a little drying using it for a long period of time which mightn't be so good if you're getting a lot of sun etc as well, so if you're taking it on hols take a really good conditioner :smile: If you've used it before then just ignore me hehe
Reply 1985
ASprinkleOfPixieDust
Have you used the blonde before? Just I usually have quite oily hair and find it can be a little drying using it for a long period of time which mightn't be so good if you're getting a lot of sun etc as well, so if you're taking it on hols take a really good conditioner :smile: If you've used it before then just ignore me hehe

I haven't used it before, as I must admit I'm weary of straying from Juniper which works so well!

How did it do for your blondey-ness? I'm a mouse that goes blonde in the summer, and if it won't improve that, then I won't bother
Not bad for blondey-ness, I'd say it maybe stops it from going dull as fast I'd imagine if you were using it somewhere sunny it may also speed up/enhance the lightening. Should be good though as long as you condition well.

Or maybe try testing it for a week before you go to see if it agrees with your hair or taking a wee bit of JJ with you just incase you decide you don't like it. I found using The Blonde every other day (while using another shampoo on the other days) worked quite well, my hair darkens a lot in the winter too.
History Rocks
Oh I'm sure you won't regret it. :grin:...

As far as I'm aware it's for all skin types, several of the assistants in the store have now converted to this product as their daily cleanser and the majority of them are white.

I use it every day and combined with fresh pharmacy it;s fantastic.

Ahh okay! I will be purchasing it the next time I go in town then :biggrin:
hbandtr4eva
I miss my discount :sad: I was lucky enough to work there for two months in the run-up to Christmas last year and I was absolutely gutted when I had to leave because they didn't need so many staff any more :sad: Everyone in my family got Lush stuff for Christmas and my Auntie is a big Lushie so she sent me a list and I got her over £130 pounds worth of stuff :p: I've got so much stuff to use now though, including 2 Humango's (the staff got given one each because they had to be recalled :p:) and tons of Rock Star/Honey/Angel Delight :love: Also got tooooooons of shower stuff but we haven't had a shower at home for 10 weeks :eek3: I don't want to use it all up though :woo: I keep going into my local Lush in Norwich and reminding the manager that I want a job there :p: I used to smell sooooo good when I got back from work :yep:

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of hourly rate do they pay their staff?
ASprinkleOfPixieDust

I tried using The Blonde, but it dried out my hair so much I had to swap it.
Eeee my house smells of Lush even more than normal now, thanks to the birthday presents my parents bought me! And my best friend has bought me some lush bubble bath bombs, so the house will smell even more Lushlike when I bring them home. :biggrin:

I used King of Skin in the shower this morning, and it's made my skin sooo soft! :smile:
Melting Sugar.
lol I think it meant dark like evil and naughty..

I sent an email enquiry to Lush about Dark Angels, and got the reply:

"Yes! This product has been made with people of black or mixed race skin tones in mind. That is not to say it cannot be used by other skin tones too."

I may buy it anyway because I've read the reviews on the webiste and it sounds really good!
FizzBitch
I sent an email enquiry to Lush about Dark Angels, and got the reply:

"Yes! This product has been made with people of black or mixed race skin tones in mind. That is not to say it cannot be used by other skin tones too."

I may buy it anyway because I've read the reviews on the webiste and it sounds really good!

Wow!

I didn't know there was much difference between different skin tones that would justify specific products.. :dontknow:

Weird.. but yeah I would probably buy it too!
I love the shower jellies....I could stand there all day and poke it! jiggling away
Botticello
I love the shower jellies....I could stand there all day and poke it! jiggling away

I'd love to try some of the jellies, some of them smell sooo nice. Any tips on how to use them? I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to use it!
fabulous_darling
I'd love to try some of the jellies, some of them smell sooo nice. Any tips on how to use them? I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to use it!

It says on the box that it can be used for your hair and skin, and to crush or stroke all over the body. I'll add my own tips after my shower tonight :bath:
Mine is "Sweetie Pie"
Yay! I have a group interview with Lush on Tuesday evening. :grin:

Have anyone been to a Lush interview? Any tips to pass on?
fabulous_darling

Crush it into one of those shower-puff things, they can be a bit tricky to get a good lather out of but with one of those you're sorted.
Reply 1998
fabulous_darling

I tried the other day, and it is soooo hard, but very funny. I use a little bit (it will break off easily, and if you try to use the whole thing like I did, it just plops to the floor all the time) and just used it gently like soap. It kept slippering away though, it got the giggles outa me.

As someone mentioned, a loufa would probably be the best way

I got Gold, Frankinsense and Beer in the bags they were doing after Christmas and it smelt sooooo good :love:

Does anyone know if the jellies have a use by date (if you haven't used/opened them/got them wet)? Obviously I won't be keeping it for months on end, but it will be good to know if I should be using it up soon.
__Katy
I tried the other day, and it is soooo hard, but very funny. I use a little bit (it will break off easily, and if you try to use the whole thing like I did, it just plops to the floor all the time) and just used it gently like soap. It kept slippering away though, it got the giggles outa me.

As someone mentioned, a loufa would probably be the best way

I got Gold, Frankinsense and Beer in the bags they were doing after Christmas and it smelt sooooo good :love:

Does anyone know if the jellies have a use by date (if you haven't used/opened them/got them wet)? Obviously I won't be keeping it for months on end, but it will be good to know if I should be using it up soon.

My housemate has that one! It smells divine.

Thanks for the tips on using the jelly everyone :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest