The Student Room Group

The Lush Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TaraBelle
Yeah it's super nice! It's on my christmas list now :-) I cannot stop singing praises about LTGTR, got 3 more of my friends into it too! I just bought a perfume for my dad and two Christmas eve bubble bars for presents. Went again today though cause a friend wanted a tour so I went round and explained all the products to her, she left with a each peach massage bar and a trichomania sample, successful trip I'd say! I bought the tiny hands solid hand cream for a friend's birthday, and got samples of trichomania and snowcake, it smelled so good! I use godiva at the moment but it's quite expensive so I thought I'd try trichomania and see how that goes :smile:

Haha if only! I do have to say though, I actually bought breath of god for my dad as the shop assistant said it was very unisex and it smelled quite masculine, what do you think of this? Unisex or not? Old ones are definitely much nicer, don't understand why they got rid of then :frown:

Aw, lovely! Let me know how you get on with Trichomania, I haven't tried it but it sounds good.

Yeah, it's definitely unisex and probably leaning more towards a masculine scent. I think it has a tendency to smell slightly different dependent on the wearer too, though. I hate the smell of it at first, it's too woody and almost like stale ash on me, but once it's on my skin it turns into the most amazing smell! All of my other perfumes are sickly sweet or fruity, so this is a nice change for me. But definitely a unisex one. Hope your dad likes it! xx
Original post by Luxray
Right I'm doing secret santa with a few friends and budget is £10 but I only want to spend around £3 of that in Lush. Is there anything good that I could get from there for that price?
I was thinking a bath bomb...do you guys think they are worth it considering I would only be able to get one bath bomb lol?

One of my favourite bubble bars from Lush costs £2.95 - it is called 'Yuzu and Cocoa' :cool: love it. Best thing to do is go in and smell everything of interest. I spent lots of time reading up before my first visit and found that things I thought I would like, I didn't and things I didn't even consider, I liked :smile:
Original post by truthandtragedy
Aw, lovely! Let me know how you get on with Trichomania, I haven't tried it but it sounds good.

Yeah, it's definitely unisex and probably leaning more towards a masculine scent. I think it has a tendency to smell slightly different dependent on the wearer too, though. I hate the smell of it at first, it's too woody and almost like stale ash on me, but once it's on my skin it turns into the most amazing smell! All of my other perfumes are sickly sweet or fruity, so this is a nice change for me. But definitely a unisex one. Hope your dad likes it! xx

I'm gonna try it as soon as my godiva finishes :smile:

yep that's true, I just hope it smells good on my dad, some perfumes really work on some people and not on others like you say so fingers crossed its good! Haha vanillary's my perfume, as sweet as it gets :P

Does anyone have lush on their christmas list? :smile:

I've asked for hand cream, buche de noel, vanilla puff and lust perfume :biggrin:
So today I wrote a list of my "to-buy" items from Lush, including a few things for my mum. It came to the grand today of £256... Ouch! £128 with staff discount, BUT STILL.
So today I wrote a list of my "to-buy" items from Lush, including a few things for my mum. It came to the grand today of £256... Ouch! £128 with staff discount, BUT STILL.

Hey! I've read that you work at lush so thought maybe you could help my naive self :tongue: My mum is treating me to lush products for christmas so I was going to try think of a few on my to-buy list. So far I only know I want any massage bar (love them all!) and "Buffy". First question: is it true that I could use "Buffy" as both a body butter when skin dry, and as a shower scrub when skin wet? (it's categorised as this on the website but I only thought it was a body butter :rolleyes: )

The "let the good times roll" and "angels on bare skin" look different consistencies to "ultrabland" but they're all facial cleansers on the website, and I was wondering how exactly do you use each one? I mean, would I leave my face wet, apply ltgtr, then wash it off? And would I apply ultrabland on dry skin and leave it? Super confused :colondollar:

My next question is that I'm incredibly lucky to have flawless skin in regard to my cheeks/nose/forehead, but I ALWAYS have 1/2 terrible under the skin spots on my chin. I was looking into getting either "tea tree toner water" or "grease lightning" but was wondering if they'd help my under the skin spots- or whether they're more for blackheads/whiteheads? Or would you recommend me using neither? (I currently use nivea toner but maybe "Eau roma" would help my spots?)

Also, could you recommend any fruity scented soaps that leave a long-lasting smell (e.g 5 hours, to give a fruity under smell if I showered before a party, to be precise:tongue: ). Sorry that this is so long but any help is very appreciated!
Original post by feelinginfinite
Hey! I've read that you work at lush so thought maybe you could help my naive self :tongue: My mum is treating me to lush products for christmas so I was going to try think of a few on my to-buy list. So far I only know I want any massage bar (love them all!) and "Buffy". First question: is it true that I could use "Buffy" as both a body butter when skin dry, and as a shower scrub when skin wet? (it's categorised as this on the website but I only thought it was a body butter :rolleyes: )

The "let the good times roll" and "angels on bare skin" look different consistencies to "ultrabland" but they're all facial cleansers on the website, and I was wondering how exactly do you use each one? I mean, would I leave my face wet, apply ltgtr, then wash it off? And would I apply ultrabland on dry skin and leave it? Super confused :colondollar:

My next question is that I'm incredibly lucky to have flawless skin in regard to my cheeks/nose/forehead, but I ALWAYS have 1/2 terrible under the skin spots on my chin. I was looking into getting either "tea tree toner water" or "grease lightning" but was wondering if they'd help my under the skin spots- or whether they're more for blackheads/whiteheads? Or would you recommend me using neither? (I currently use nivea toner but maybe "Eau roma" would help my spots?)

Also, could you recommend any fruity scented soaps that leave a long-lasting smell (e.g 5 hours, to give a fruity under smell if I showered before a party, to be precise:tongue: ). Sorry that this is so long but any help is very appreciated!

Hello! Ah, so much love for Buffy haha. It's an exfoliating body butter, so you basically have your shower/bath as normal, turn the shower head off or step out of the bath, and use it all over wet skin. You can use it directly as the bar but it does melt down quite quickly that way. I prefer to rub it lightly all over, and then work it in more with my hands so I'm not melting away the bar so much. Then you get back in the shower/bath, rinse it off and pat dry. I wouldn't use it directly in the shower, as I said it's quite melty and you'd lose a lot of product that way.

Cleansers! So Ultrabland is an oil-based balm cleanser. You massage it into dry skin thoroughly to remove any make-up or dirt, then wipe it off with a wet face cloth or wet cotton pads. I use this primarily as a make-up remover, and then follow with a 'proper' cleanser, such as LTGTR or AOBS, just to get a really good double cleanse, especially in the evenings. These cleansers are gently exfoliating and they come in a strange solid form which can be a little crumbly. You just take a little pinch of it, use a wee bit of water to form a paste, and then use it on wet or dry skin and rinse off. They're quite strange at first, but once you get used to the consistency it's a lot easier! It really depends on your skin type as to which cleanser would be best for you though, and lots of trial and error. Skincare is a hard one because what can work miracles for one person can be awful for another person. The great thing about LUSH is we're very generous with samples because we understand this and we'd rather allow customers to try products first to see what suits them rather than wasting money on a full tub of cleanser which might not work for them.

Your skin actually sounds similar to mine, I only ever get spots on my chin/jawline which is a pain! Tea Tree Water is great for them, it's super refreshing and the tea tree oil in it isn't so concentrated that it will dry your skin out, so you don't need to have oily skin to use it. I find that a combination of this and Grease Lightning does help to calm any redness I have in the spots, especially the big nasty under-the-skin ones. Eau Roma is more for quite dry, sensitive skin so I wouldn't really recommend that for spots but what I tend to do is use a combination of both Tea Tree Water and Breath of Fresh Air toner, as I only really need the TTW on my chin area, and the BoFA everywhere else. So if you find that you're a bit drier or more sensitive in other areas of your face, you could definitely use a different one. They come in smaller bottles too which are £3.95 each (I think!) so you wouldn't have to commit to the larger size straight away.

Fruity soaps! Sexy Peel is ridiculously citrus-y and lovely, Miranda is slightly more fruity rather than zesty, Bohemian is all-over zesty lemon. You might prefer something like The Godmother which is slightly sweeter. I'd suggest going into a store if you can to have a smell of everything, as I think scents are so subjective it's difficult to recommend something. If you were open to a shower gel over a soap, there are a couple of gorgeous fruity ones! Ponche is a limited edition Christmas shower gel, and it's just lovely. Super fruity and fresh, but it has a shot of tequila in it to give it a bit of a zing! It lasts a while on my skin too, but not overpoweringly so. There's also one called Happy Hippy which is nice and fruity, but on the citrus-y side.

I hope this has helped! If you need any more information about anything at all then just shoot me a post, it's no bother at all. :smile: xx
Hello! Ah, so much love for Buffy haha. It's an exfoliating body butter, so you basically have your shower/bath as normal, turn the shower head off or step out of the bath, and use it all over wet skin. You can use it directly as the bar but it does melt down quite quickly that way. I prefer to rub it lightly all over, and then work it in more with my hands so I'm not melting away the bar so much. Then you get back in the shower/bath, rinse it off and pat dry. I wouldn't use it directly in the shower, as I said it's quite melty and you'd lose a lot of product that way.

Cleansers! So Ultrabland is an oil-based balm cleanser. You massage it into dry skin thoroughly to remove any make-up or dirt, then wipe it off with a wet face cloth or wet cotton pads. I use this primarily as a make-up remover, and then follow with a 'proper' cleanser, such as LTGTR or AOBS, just to get a really good double cleanse, especially in the evenings. These cleansers are gently exfoliating and they come in a strange solid form which can be a little crumbly. You just take a little pinch of it, use a wee bit of water to form a paste, and then use it on wet or dry skin and rinse off. They're quite strange at first, but once you get used to the consistency it's a lot easier! It really depends on your skin type as to which cleanser would be best for you though, and lots of trial and error. Skincare is a hard one because what can work miracles for one person can be awful for another person. The great thing about LUSH is we're very generous with samples because we understand this and we'd rather allow customers to try products first to see what suits them rather than wasting money on a full tub of cleanser which might not work for them.

Your skin actually sounds similar to mine, I only ever get spots on my chin/jawline which is a pain! Tea Tree Water is great for them, it's super refreshing and the tea tree oil in it isn't so concentrated that it will dry your skin out, so you don't need to have oily skin to use it. I find that a combination of this and Grease Lightning does help to calm any redness I have in the spots, especially the big nasty under-the-skin ones. Eau Roma is more for quite dry, sensitive skin so I wouldn't really recommend that for spots but what I tend to do is use a combination of both Tea Tree Water and Breath of Fresh Air toner, as I only really need the TTW on my chin area, and the BoFA everywhere else. So if you find that you're a bit drier or more sensitive in other areas of your face, you could definitely use a different one. They come in smaller bottles too which are £3.95 each (I think!) so you wouldn't have to commit to the larger size straight away.

Fruity soaps! Sexy Peel is ridiculously citrus-y and lovely, Miranda is slightly more fruity rather than zesty, Bohemian is all-over zesty lemon. You might prefer something like The Godmother which is slightly sweeter. I'd suggest going into a store if you can to have a smell of everything, as I think scents are so subjective it's difficult to recommend something. If you were open to a shower gel over a soap, there are a couple of gorgeous fruity ones! Ponche is a limited edition Christmas shower gel, and it's just lovely. Super fruity and fresh, but it has a shot of tequila in it to give it a bit of a zing! It lasts a while on my skin too, but not overpoweringly so. There's also one called Happy Hippy which is nice and fruity, but on the citrus-y side.

I hope this has helped! If you need any more information about anything at all then just shoot me a post, it's no bother at all. :smile: xx

Thankyou so much! You helped me loads which is good as lush was PACKED when I went in. I ended up getting Buffy body butter, LTGTR facial cleanser, Tea tree water, Each Peach massage bar, Miranda soap, and a last minute pick up of Lovely Jubblies too :rolleyes: Oh, and a melting snowman (looked so cute!) Except now I wish I also picked up Bohemian too so maybe I'll take a trip there after New Year :tongue:
Thankyou so much! You helped me loads which is good as lush was PACKED when I went in. I ended up getting Buffy body butter, LTGTR facial cleanser, Tea tree water, Each Peach massage bar, Miranda soap, and a last minute pick up of Lovely Jubblies too :rolleyes: Oh, and a melting snowman (looked so cute!) Except now I wish I also picked up Bohemian too so maybe I'll take a trip there after New Year :tongue:

Mmm I love LTGR! I have actually eaten a bit, it smelt far too good not to. I wouldn't use it an everyday cleanser btw, everyone I know (and myself) who has tried it ends up breaking out if they use it everyday. It's great for a moisturising, exfoliating treat though. :smile:

Glad you got some nice bits and pieces! We usually have a Boxing Day sale on every year, so keep an eye out... :P
Mmm I love LTGR! I have actually eaten a bit, it smelt far too good not to. I wouldn't use it an everyday cleanser btw, everyone I know (and myself) who has tried it ends up breaking out if they use it everyday. It's great for a moisturising, exfoliating treat though. :smile:

Glad you got some nice bits and pieces! We usually have a Boxing Day sale on every year, so keep an eye out... :P

Haha! When I had a group interview for working at lush (didn't get it unfortunately due to hours) all of the employees admitted that they'd once tried a product- admittedly I have done this by being deceived with the amazing smell :colondollar: Thanks for the advice to not use it every day. Ohh maybe I'll have to end up going down on boxing day for bohemian after all :tongue:
Reply 2469
Haha as someone who also works at Lush I'm loving this Lush society thread :smile:
Original post by C.Moon
Haha as someone who also works at Lush I'm loving this Lush society thread :smile:

Since you works for lush, can you tell us what's happening for the boxing day sales? :smile:
Original post by K@
Welcome to the Lush Soc! This thread has been floating for a few weeks now but today (21st August) is the first day of soc-dom! Oooo, isn't it great!

I guess like any other soc we should have a members list me thinks! Here goes:

Me (Kat)
Sheen
Kobrakai
Kyanya
Rockthecasbah
Clairegower
Djonma
LauraLee
Nabiha87
CathyLou
Fungirl1234
Lib
Mcmam
R0manticide17
-Emmz-
January Victim
Jonquil
Loves lip gloss
~ems~
Vivien K
Pinkpinkuk
Vics

Now sit back and discuss! :smile:

--------------------

(Here's how it all began):

Just curious as to how many people know about or use Lush?

I never post here really but just wanted to say how lush Lush is and if you've never heard of it before, google it and try it :biggrin:

I use Buffy the backside slayer body butter and the strokes hair cream and swear by them. :smile:

Sorry for the random post.... :rolleyes:

I was an xmas temp at a lush store last year, best. job. ever! Loved it to bits, was absolutely gutted at the end of it

You could try the godmother solid soap which is quite fruity/sweet. Then there's bohemian and sexy peel which are citrusy. Miranda solid soap is probably the ultimate fruity soap though! Happy Hippy Shower gel is quite citrusy too and goes well with the I love juicy shampoo. There's also sweety pie shower jelly, which is literally soap in jelly form, you just pinch abit off, rub into your shower puff or straight onto your skin and you smell lovely and sweet afterwards :smile:

Also, rockstar solid soap smells very sweet and kinda like vanilla/bubblegum.
Snow fairy shower gel has always been popular, and it's a christmas exclusive. I wouldn't really say these ones are fruity, but they were really popular with customers who wanted 'fruity' scented stuff when I worked there.

Like someone else mentioned it's probably best to visit a store so you can smell the products, trust me it makes all the difference! There are also some 'retro' products you might like to try which are not available in store but you can get them online :smile:
Is there a difference between Lush products and The Body Shop products?
Reply 2474
Original post by TaraBelle
Since you works for lush, can you tell us what's happening for the boxing day sales? :smile:

Ah I'm sorry I missed this! The boxing day sale at my store was 50% off all remaining xmas stock. Some stores may have a few bits left but I doubt it. I just checked online and there's still a few bits if you're desperate!
https://www.lush.co.uk/sale
Original post by C.Moon
Ah I'm sorry I missed this! The boxing day sale at my store was 50% off all remaining xmas stock. Some stores may have a few bits left but I doubt it. I just checked online and there's still a few bits if you're desperate!

Is it possible to buy this products in store? Or it is only online sale? Is there will be any sale for 14 February or in March?
Reply 2476
Original post by Wild_flower
Is there a difference between Lush products and The Body Shop products?

Oh my god yes yes yes huge difference!

Firstly, The Body Shop is owned by Loreal. so while you may feel like you're investing in 'natural' products by shopping there your money is essentially just going into Loreal who are far from ethical especially on the grounds of animal testing.
If you're interested in the whole animal rights thing then LUSH do not test any of their products or source any of their materials from companies who test on animals. They are hardcore campaigners for removing animal testing from cosmetics. Also all of their products are vegetarian and around 60% I believe are vegan. So one huge difference between them and TBS is the ethical side of things. (Oh yeah LUSH are also seriously against packaging and harmful chemicals and preservatives and many of their products are preservative free and unpackaged.)

I think one reason people think the companies are quite similar is because of the strong smells and colours from the shops and the products. The biggest difference between the companies in this sense is with LUSH the smells and colours are natural and derived from plants and natural essential oils. TBS uses chemicals and synthetics to get its smells. All you have to do is look at the ingredients on a LUSH label vs a Body Shop one to see what I mean.

I could go on for paragraphs as someone who strongly agrees with LUSH's ethics however I'll spare you the essay :smile: But yeah that's what I'd say two of the main differences between the companies are and personally TBS sells products you can get in any drugstore whereas LUSH sells extremely unique and creative products such as bubble bars (solid form of bubble bath), freshly made face masks, solid shampoo and conditioner, shower jellies, henna etc. I'm not going to bash anyone who likes or even prefers TBS, but my personal opinion is you'll never get more environmentally friendly, affordable, quality and personal care put into your products like you do at LUSH and there is a huge difference between the companies!
Reply 2477
Is it possible to buy this products in store? Or it is only online sale? Is there will be any sale for 14 February or in March?

It'll vary from store to store on what stock they have left. At my shop for example we have loads of Angels Delight and Mr. Punch soap left and some Rocket bars whilst I know another store near us sold out of those but has some Twilight shower gels in still and there will be other stores who don't have anything left at all! I highly doubt anywhere will have anything left after the next couple of weeks definitely not by the end of the month. I'd say your best bet is to call your local store and ask them what they have left or order it while it's still there online because they will go quick!
Original post by C.Moon

Ah don't worry I was just curious :tongue: I've spent far too much on lush before the sales already!

My local shop was out of stock when I went there on new years :frown: the shop looked so bare without all the christmas products :no:
Love that place! The bath bombs and facial cleansers are amazing <3

Quick Reply

Latest