The Student Room Group

The Lush Society

Scroll to see replies

will do! :biggrin: i've emailed hehe
January Victim
i emailed them about vacancies and they didn't get back to me :mad: i still like some of their stuff though. :smile:

They will in time chill it will come im not paiteint either pressure email every day xxxxx
i spoke to ruth.the emails really only cater for manager positions,so i went in and handed my cv :smile:
Hello everyone!

Was hoping someone could give me a bit of advice. I'm going into town today, so going to go to Lush.....

I have really spotty/oily skin (face, neck, back, chest :frown: ) its not fair! Anyway - I have used cupcake and although its a really nice mask it didnt seem to do much. So, has anyone got any advice? I'm a bit wary of using the comestic warrior mask a have had an allergy to tea tree before.

I don't mind buying a couple of different things (face masks, cleanser etc) but are there any you would recommend?
coalface is good for oily skin.
i use cupcake and it works well for me.
go and speak to an SA they'll be able to help.
Reply 785
Fresh farmacy! Totally cleared up my skin. I use it religiously now

You have to watch though in case it dries out your skin too much. i'd also suggest getting a light moisturiser so maybe ask the sales assistant for samples of enzymion and imperialis

out of the face masks my fave is mask of magnaminty which contains peppermint oil (I'm not 100% about the tea tree so you'd be best asking). very effective, cheap and last ages as it's not a fresh one. None of the fresh really did anything for my skin except love lettuce but I don't buy it cos of the expense

As for your back, I'd suggest lemslip butter cream or mud flats soap. take a sniff and see which you prefer
i'm not a fan of mudflats...the smell is tooo lemony and something else.but i'm still going ahead to try it anyways :smile:
Reply 787
K@
OP
Cathie86
Hello everyone!

Was hoping someone could give me a bit of advice. I'm going into town today, so going to go to Lush.....

I have really spotty/oily skin (face, neck, back, chest :frown: ) its not fair! Anyway - I have used cupcake and although its a really nice mask it didnt seem to do much. So, has anyone got any advice? I'm a bit wary of using the comestic warrior mask a have had an allergy to tea tree before.

I don't mind buying a couple of different things (face masks, cleanser etc) but are there any you would recommend?

Hiya, I meant to PM you after your reply to my other thread I left the other day which you replied to. God, does that make any sense? I'll drop you a PM in a tick.

I am oily too *yum* and I mix and match a lot of Lush stuff. Mainly so my skin doesn't get too used to it if ya get me? Like I change my shampoo so my hair doesn't get to much of a good thing!

I use ocean salt on my face but bare in mind it is a scrub and it does feel like you are washing your face with sandpaper but I think that's a good thing and it really helps clear up my skin although it does usually get worse before it gets better (like anything else in life hey?).

I use coal face too, when my face is clear.

Usually, after washing my face I use either Dream Cream (which I use alll the time) or Ultra Bland. Ultra Bland is great for my face because after a good scrub it soothes, I find. You do have to wipe it off though which is time consuming but that might be because I use warm water and then cold water to cool it all off.

When someone is around to scrub my back *lol* I get them to scrub ocean salt in and I don't wipe it off, I blast it with the shower.

Try to wash your face right at the end of your shower, that way all your pores are open because of the warm water-ness.

--------------

Crikey, a post of advice from me. A rareity.

I'm sorry I've not been around much, I am here but sort of. Having a bit of a hard time but I am here.

I went to Lush today, stocked up on Dreamwash, Butterball, Coal face and a couple of toher goodies. I also got a few free samples of shower jelly which I am keen to try.

Also, I bought sugar rush. Just to try it. Keep an open mind and all that. Although I am slightly worried it will ruin rainbow drops for me!
lol i didn't like sugar rush :frown: ;no;

oooo butterfly ballistic is out! i'm hoping i'll love it as it's got honeysuckle in it :biggrin:
i might just drag my aunt in so she can buy it for me hehe
yesterday was my friend's birthday so i took her to lush to get her stuff.she absolutely went mad for the hand cream (can't remember which one) and she loved the soaps too hehe.
The temp lush forum has now been closed :frown: if you still can't get on the old one try: http://www.lushforum.co.uk/index.php

and if you still can't get on, email: [email protected] or [email protected]
Reply 790
I liked the temp forum. It didn't take me half an hour to post something on there.
i know!!! i preferred it as well! the old members are so mean to a girl who'd made a poll about it.having a go at her because she said the temp forum should be kept or made permanent.

i went into the store today to check out the butterfly ballistic and it's small :frown: and although i could smell what i'm assuming was honeysuckle,i thought the jasmine/lavender was overpowering. but then it was just a quick sniff before i went out. i'm broke so couldn't buy it....
Thanks for the advice people. I bought another pot of cupcake - just cos I like the smell of it so much, and a pot of ocean salt, may go and buy some more stuff when I have more money! I didn't used to be that fussed on Lush - but I really love it now! :smile:
yay :biggrin: :party:
Reply 794
can i join? i love lush =) i dont shop there enough!

went for a job interview once, but didnt get it, id love to work there! you'd smell so nice all the time.. better, id love to work in the warehouse!
I got a free sample of marilyn earlyer but they put it in a container with the most useless lid ever and it spilt in my bag! It sadens me, but I still salvaged some of it to try and I've also got a sample of "The Blonde",
Reply 796
Missmoneypenny85
I just said im enquring bout ur vacancie blah blah
I really want 2 wrk 4 your company as they are number 22 in the top 100 of the Times best companies to work for! research the company it shows your keen plus I did harass them 4 about a week I emailed them my CV everyday
lol
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Have you applied for the Swansea store then? :biggrin:

Word on the street [alright, the forum] is they're interviewing the manager and trainee manager this week and they'll probably start looking for SA's after that. Good luck!

I'm going be a regular in the Swansea store, at uni holidays anyways. While I'm here, I'm a regular in Leeds!
who's who on the actual lush forum, we should get to know each other!
i'll start off, I'm shylock on the lush forum :smile:
I went into Lush for the first time ever yesterday. I'm now a convert :biggrin:
woo :party:

Quick Reply

Latest