The Student Room Group

The Lush Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
I think Jumping Juniper is meant to be good for greasy hair or the shampoo and conditioner combo of I love Juicy and Veganese.
im debating whether the website postage is value for money if it means I can stay in bed and not travel all the way to my nearest lush - hmmmm
Reply 1582
It costs 5p more than the bus fare to my nearest lush at the moment, definitely worth it, unless you need anything right now. Shopping in your pjs is one of my favourite things about the internet right now.
Yup, I highly recommend Jumping Juniper shampoo, my hair is definitely less greasy!
I've stashed all my spare ballistics with my clothes, my top was smelling of Avobath all day long :biggrin:
Just used Butterball in the bath :smile: Lovely stuff.
For greasy hair I recommend Squeaky Clean shampoo bar - works for me =) - dosnt smell as pretty as some of the others tho

Has anyone tried the shampoo bar 'New' - if so did it make your scalp all itchy? Did mine I had to re wash with a differant shampoo

Also to the person that said try ordering from the web and just have to wait a few days,I ordered from the web and waited over a month and emailed again and again and was told it was going to be shipped again and again, I gave up in the end and stocked up from the store and got home to find my order (doh!) so ended up with an absolutely crazy number of bath bombs and bubble bars (something like 10 of each lol) - received no explanation or refund on my late order - was very annoyed!!

Other than that love lush stuff =)
Has anyone tried the shampoo bar 'New' - if so did it make your scalp all itchy? Did mine I had to re wash with a differant shampoo

I've not tried it, but I fancy giving it a go.
I tried Daddy-O for the first time today, and it was a life-changing experience. Smells gorgeous, and the scent lingers in your hair, it's very subtle and yet, it's there, I love it!!
i use new and it's never made me itch.
hmmm maybe my scalp was just sensitive to one of the ingredients in it
Reply 1590
Hi Lush Society, please help me!

I went in today to get some of the red henna. I didn't know how to bag it up (not really shopped at lush much...) and so after looking at the hennas and identifying the basket of red ones, I got the woman and she bagged it for me. She put rover clubs and Lush Times and stuff in my bag, I paid and off I went.

I got home and was about to apply it when my boyfriend said "hang on, what colour did you want?" and said for some reason he thought it was the caca brun. Then I looked at it, and it is pretty brown. I'm not sure about the smell as well.

I went to look for the recept, and I wasn't given one.

Is there a way to tell which colour it is? Do the pictures on the blocks tell me?
Does anyone know where my receipt is?

I'm really, really annoyed if it is the wrong colour, it will be ages before I can take it back. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.
To be honest they all look the same colour except noir i think which is darker,and maybe brun which is slightly lighter. I know the staff tell by the pattern on the blocks but I personally don't know.The only way I'm afraid is to take it back. You could order from the website if you won't be at a shop for ages or you can break off a little piece and do a strand test. if it's the wrong colour, keep both the product and the hair strands as proof for the staff so they can either give you a refund or exchange.
Went to Lush yesterday... I love going there. It wasn't busy and the staff was having fun covering their faces in fresh masks :wink:

I got the Veganese conditioner I've not tried yet, a bar of Buffy - I love the moisturising feeling on the skin oce you step out of the shower, Angels on Bare Skin, recommended by the manager, and a chunk of Gratuitous Violets as there were some bits left on the counter. I'm so sad it's going :frown:
This seemed like the best place to ask

- Lush facemasks. Are they one use only?
wordsearch
This seemed like the best place to ask

- Lush facemasks. Are they one use only?

Nope you can get four generous face masks out of one pot or if your stingy i manage six haha!

Hope this helps :-)
FrenchGal
Went to Lush yesterday... I love going there. It wasn't busy and the staff was having fun covering their faces in fresh masks :wink:

I got the Veganese conditioner I've not tried yet, a bar of Buffy - I love the moisturising feeling on the skin oce you step out of the shower, Angels on Bare Skin, recommended by the manager, and a chunk of Gratuitous Violets as there were some bits left on the counter. I'm so sad it's going :frown:

I'm really liking veganese and it doesn't have too strong a smell so it won't overpower your Daddy-O. It works very well with 'I love juicy' as well, I think that's been my favourite combo so far. I love daddy-o but I think it's starting to irritate my scalp a bit now as it's so perfumed (I have been using the huuuge bottle for months lol) so I'm going to have to take a break from it for a while.
ASprinkleOfPixieDust
I'm really liking veganese and it doesn't have too strong a smell so it won't overpower your Daddy-O. It works very well with 'I love juicy' as well, I think that's been my favourite combo so far. I love daddy-o but I think it's starting to irritate my scalp a bit now as it's so perfumed (I have been using the huuuge bottle for months lol) so I'm going to have to take a break from it for a while.

I'm still on my American Cream bottle, i've got a little left, I'll start using Veganese once I'm finished with it. I used to wash my hair every other day and shampoos and conditioners would go very fast, but now I wash them twice a week and it's improved their condition - they're very dry. That's what I'm not keen on trying I Love Juicy. I use Daddy-O or The Blonde, depending on my mood, and I have a Marilyn treat once a week - I leave it overnight, it works wonders!

There was a Party yesterday in my store, so I had to go... I bought a pot of Marilyn, Cosmetic Lad (I have a sample, and it's really good. I've given the sample to my brother and got me a regular size pot :d), a chunk of Coal Face and two body butters, the blackberry one and Aqua Mirabilis. And I got two bath melts, never tried any!

I also ordered a grab bag on the Dutch website: it was 30 euros, including postage, and they send you 100 euros worth of goodies! My best friend and I are going to share one.

Looking forward to going to England in March, as products are less expensive there than they are in France. I'd like to try The Soft Touch, Ocean Salt and Mirror Mirror (as a moisturising face cream), as well as a massage bar, but they're quite dear in France :s
do the shower jellies have a use by date? i got one, but the labels worn off by water so i don't know now!
do u need to crush a lot up when u use it?
no they don't.well they do but they last for 14months like most other lush products. as long as it's not growing fungus you're good. I personally don't think they're great value for money the way they disappear so quickly, but that's just me.
i personally don't use the shower jellies, but i've been told you need to crush them to get them foamy. i'm sure you'll know how much you need when you actually use it.
Reply 1599
I got some 'Tramp' showergel from Lush for Christmas and I used it yesterday and it's so incredibly strong! I went out last night after using it in the shower and people thought I had half a bottle of aftershave on! :p:

Quick Reply

Latest