The Student Room Group

The Lush Society

Scroll to see replies

Almond
Does anyone know if the Lush is still there at Carnaby street?

I couldn't find it :frown:.. My friend said she thinks it's moved but we couldn't be bothered to go looking around for it as it was raining :rolleyes:

but we just went to covent garden the next day anyway so problem solved for us..

you could try looking it up on their website?
Melting Sugar.
I couldn't find it :frown:.. My friend said she thinks it's moved but we couldn't be bothered to go looking around for it as it was raining :rolleyes:

but we just went to covent garden the next day anyway so problem solved for us..

you could try looking it up on their website?

The lease run out on the carnaby street store so it moved to regent street. It's within walking distance of the old one :smile:
lush is my life haha i would really love to work there! i was there a few weeks ago and spent like £60, but i picked up a huge block of "spice curls" soap and it's really really nice, definately a new favourite. i also love "poiton" solid perfume and i used to love the black toothpaste they had too.
veggie4life
The lease run out on the carnaby street store so it moved to regent street. It's within walking distance of the old one :smile:

lol thanks (we're idiots..)

Happy news -> I just realised they're opening a new B store in oxford street (according to the website)..

i'm late but still :smile:
Anyone bought any of the new xmas range yet?
No not yet, but they've been out since Friday if I'm not mistaken.
There was a pre-launch forum party but I can't get most of the stuff because I haven't got a bath :bawling:
my forum username never seems to work ! I've tried so hard to get onto the forum i've just given up.
Lush spree today. :biggrin: (Had £20 in vouchers from my birthday) I got:

Lemslip (a big block, yumm)
Helping Hands
Honey I Washed the Kids solid perfume :love:
Porridge soap (for my boyfriend - he bought me the vouchers so I'm going to try and convert him to Lush stuff too!)

I got one of the new bubble bars too - Candy Cane. It smells like Snow Fairy apparently, it's like sweets. I'll have to have a bath now - I haven't had one in about 10 years! :p:

Also got a free Cupcake face mask for spending over £15. :biggrin:
I am wanting to convert to Lush, especially the shampoo as I hear it lasts longer than conventional ones. I'm blonde, so was going to get the blonde shampoo but does anyone know if it actually works (makes your hair a bit lighter)?

Also, do they do little tasters? I don't really want to spend a lot of money on something I don't like.
Yes you can get little sample sizes.
The blond has worked for my bf so yeh it works.
They'll demonstrate anything in the shop and you can get a little sample pot. I'm not sure how that works for things like the shampoo bars though, as they're solid.

I use the Jumping Juniper shampoo bar and it's sooo good! It makes my hair much less greasier than other shampoo. It lasts ages but it is pretty expensive to begin with, if you're used to using basic shampoos.
So I just ask if I can get a sample of whatever product I'm interested in?
I'm a complete lush virgin, but I want some yummy to put into my bath(I don't have a shower- no water pressure!). Lush adventure at merry hill tomorrow :biggrin:
TheOneWho
So I just ask if I can get a sample of whatever product I'm interested in?

Yeah, the staff at Lush are all ridiculously helpful and love demonstrating.

In the Lush on Buchanan Street, there's a B demonstration day at the end of the month with makeovers and a goodie bag if you spend over a certain amount. I'd love to go but it would only make me spend more money. :frown:
Oh that's the one I'd be going to! When is that? I'll probably be working or in uni all day knowing my luck.
I can't remember, dammit. :frown: I always go to the one on Buchanan Street too as it's the biggest.

At the moment, you get a goodie bag if you spend over £30 and a free Cupcake facemask if you spend over £15. The latter may be because their ice-thing for the masks is broken!
I can't afford £30, but £15 might be in budget. I am running out of bath/shower stuff. I'll only buy from Lush if it's going to last me quite a bit longer than normal stuff since it is quite a bit more expensive.
Yeah, I would only buy Buttercream as a treat or if I had vouchers - it's great but doesn't last very long. :frown:

I think one shampoo bar lasted me 2-3 months, washing my hair most days. Pretty decent as I'd use a bottle of shampoo in 2 weeks!

The soap is a decent price and lasts quite a while. Honey I Washed the Kids smells good enough to eat. :eek: It was too drying for my very dry skin though so I got the perfume instead. :biggrin:
Right, well I will go in next week some time. I'll ask them if they have any tester things for me to try out. I probably wouldn't be able to smell the thing properly in the shop because the smell is so overpowering.
Has anyone tried the hair Hennas?

Quick Reply

Latest