The Student Room Group

Break up help

This is a little long but I will be so grateful to anyone who reads it and helps me out.

Basically I've been in a 10month long distance relationship with a girl who is bi-polar. I lover her more than anything but 3 days ago she broke up with me for another guy. :frown:

I just don't understand because we were completely happy and yes her being bi-polar got tough sometimes but I was always there for her and would never even dream of hurting her in a million years. She's my world and my heart is completely broken right now.

Everything was great but two weeks ago she was grounded by her parents, who are horrible to her, we only talked once half way through her grounding when she managed to get her sisters phone and during she told me she really loves me. Then a week later she finally gets back and tells me she doesn't love me anymore and has found a new guy. But when I asked her if she meant what she said a week ago she said yes. I don't know if this is her bi-polar and honestly I'm feeling awful for wishing it is because I hate that she has to have it and suffers because of it.

Our last conversation was on Skype last night and we both cried and I asked her to think about us and everything we had and how much I love her, and then come back t me in a week and tell me how she feels. She agreed but all I can think of is her with that guy and I'm finding it so difficult to not say anything in fear of losing her for good. I really do want to give her space to think if that will help though.

I just need someone to talk to or get some advice because all I want to do is win her back. I feel completely dejected right now and it's probably pathetic because I can't stop crying. She means literally everything to me and there's nothing I wouldn't or didn't do to make her happy and feel better.
Reply 1
Original post by simplyshaun223
This is a little long but I will be so grateful to anyone who reads it and helps me out.

Basically I've been in a 10month long distance relationship with a girl who is bi-polar. I lover her more than anything but 3 days ago she broke up with me for another guy. :frown:

I just don't understand because we were completely happy and yes her being bi-polar got tough sometimes but I was always there for her and would never even dream of hurting her in a million years. She's my world and my heart is completely broken right now.

Everything was great but two weeks ago she was grounded by her parents, who are horrible to her, we only talked once half way through her grounding when she managed to get her sisters phone and during she told me she really loves me. Then a week later she finally gets back and tells me she doesn't love me anymore and has found a new guy. But when I asked her if she meant what she said a week ago she said yes. I don't know if this is her bi-polar and honestly I'm feeling awful for wishing it is because I hate that she has to have it and suffers because of it.

Our last conversation was on Skype last night and we both cried and I asked her to think about us and everything we had and how much I love her, and then come back t me in a week and tell me how she feels. She agreed but all I can think of is her with that guy and I'm finding it so difficult to not say anything in fear of losing her for good. I really do want to give her space to think if that will help though.

I just need someone to talk to or get some advice because all I want to do is win her back. I feel completely dejected right now and it's probably pathetic because I can't stop crying. She means literally everything to me and there's nothing I wouldn't or didn't do to make her happy and feel better.

avoid her for a week or two and if it is a case of her bi-polar mentality causing her to do this then it can change during this time. Also, try and not to initiate contact with her now as it will put her off. Let her contact you, whether that be a day, week or longer. Also, PM me if you want to discuss this further :smile: all the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending