The Student Room Group

Can I see other people while on a break?

Me and my boyfriend are taking a break, we’ve even blocked each other for now. Could I see other people? Flirting, talking, just dipping my toe into the dating pool.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my boyfriend are taking a break, we’ve even blocked each other for now. Could I see other people? Flirting, talking, just dipping my toe into the dating pool.

What happens if you meet someone you like?
How long have you and your partner been together? Why are you taking a break? If you 2 haven't been together that long I'd recommend breaking up especially if you want to see other people.

Spoiler

He's not your boyfriend; he's your ex. You're single, so yes.
Reply 3
No. If you want to see other people then that would be a break up not a break. A break is to take some time apart from each other and assess the relationship or focus on areas you need to improve to make it work, not start dating other people.

If you truly loved him and you had hope for it to work a broken relationship you’d do everything to re-asses where your going wrong and what needs to be put in place for example compromising, boundaries, commitment in improving a trait within the relationship not see it as a opportunity to talk up another boy, or even to date kind of considered cheating in a little sense just even have a little thought how he would feel, or how you’d feel if he done that probably be hurt…
Is your name Ross?

Go for it shag around
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Is your name Ross?

My thoughts exactly 😁
Reply 8
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Is your name Ross?

No, but Rachel is making a comeback
Reply 9
Original post by Andi.0k
What happens if you meet someone you like?
How long have you and your partner been together? Why are you taking a break? If you 2 haven't been together that long I'd recommend breaking up especially if you want to see other people.

Spoiler

We’ve been together about a year, neither of us are really feeling the relationship and it seems we’re both losing feelings. If I met someone I liked I would discuss it with him.
Original post by 1582
He's not your boyfriend; he's your ex. You're single, so yes.

This, 'Taking a break' is just messing abut really, you don't want to talk to each other and you want to pursue other people, why pretend otherwise?
Reply 11
We’ve been together about a year, neither of us are really feeling the relationship and it seems we’re both losing feelings. If I met someone I liked I would discuss it with him.

If you've already tried talking about your issues and that hasn't worked then maybe you should consider breaking up. I know that's hard but it's better to be single than in a loveless relationship.
Definitely talk about it as much as you can as though sounds like you 2 were serious.
Reply 12
Original post by The mustard
Go for it shag around

Definitely an option 👀
Original post by Andi.0k
Definitely an option 👀

That's what I did best thing I ever did
Reply 14
Original post by Andi.0k
If you've already tried talking about your issues and that hasn't worked then maybe you should consider breaking up. I know that's hard but it's better to be single than in a loveless relationship.
Definitely talk about it as much as you can as though sounds like you 2 were serious.

It’s very hard to break up, we do love each other it’s just hard to maintain a relationship
Reply 15
Original post by username6175499
If he was your first go and get some new fresh penis

He was my first, but I don’t see myself getting any for awhile 😭
Reply 16
It’s very hard to break up, we do love each other it’s just hard to maintain a relationship

It is hence why I'm single. Not saying you should copy me but I'm going through a lot of change right now so I'm avoiding dragging others into it until it's sorted out.
Whatever you decide the most important thing is that you make a decision and stick with it. Whether you stay or go doesn't matter as much as sticking with your decision and accept the results both good and bad. I wish you luck in your relationship and everything will work out how it should 👍🏽
Reply 17
Original post by Andi.0k
It is hence why I'm single. Not saying you should copy me but I'm going through a lot of change right now so I'm avoiding dragging others into it until it's sorted out.
Whatever you decide the most important thing is that you make a decision and stick with it. Whether you stay or go doesn't matter as much as sticking with your decision and accept the results both good and bad. I wish you luck in your relationship and everything will work out how it should 👍🏽

Thank you, this has been the most helpful response
Reply 18
Original post by StriderHort
This, 'Taking a break' is just messing abut really, you don't want to talk to each other and you want to pursue other people, why pretend otherwise?

That’s an excellent point, it’s just hard to let go
Reply 19
Calling a break is largely a strategy to ease a painful breakup. Reconciliations don’t seem common, although potentially one side may be more up for it than the other. Unless you’ve agreed terms I would say anything goes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending