The Student Room Group

Guys would you date a plus size girl?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Depends what we're defining "plus size" as. I think what a lot of people might consider to be plus size, I would not. But I wouldn't date someone that I thought was fat, no, but that's different to "plus size". Fat is when it becomes a bit gross.
Reply 181
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
What? That makes no sense. if you think someone looks nice, you can say. if you don't think someone looks nice, just ignore them and move on

By the way, I looked at the woman you said would be an average, normal sized attractive woman, and she looks smaller than me. As I said, I'm size 6/8 at 5"8. Your expectations are pretty unrealistic and damaging

kaley_cuoco_bikini-0.jpg

The woman in that picture is clearly a healthy weight (although admittedly it's hard to tell whether or not she is healthy in other ways), so i'm not sure how thats unrealistic or damaging.
Original post by c_al
The woman in that picture is clearly a healthy weight (although admittedly it's hard to tell whether or not she is healthy in other ways), so i'm not sure how thats unrealistic or damaging.

She is a healthy weight, yet she's clearly on the smaller end of the spectrum. It's damaging to suggest everyone be that size, due to larger frames, different body makeups. That user suggested Melissa Rauch is chubby for example, when she is also a healthy weight
Play the long term plan:

Get with large girl --> subtle hints to loose weight (not being shallow here, numerous health benefits) --> she noe becomes slim/hot ---> either stays woth you as you were with her when she was large or goes for an upgrade on you
Reply 184
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
She is a healthy weight, yet she's clearly on the smaller end of the spectrum. It's damaging to suggest everyone be that size, due to larger frames, different body makeups. That user suggested Melissa Rauch is chubby for example, when she is also a healthy weight

How is that clearly the smaller end? Go to any other country where girls actually give a damn about how they look and you'll see it's average. Stop trying to drag everyone down to mediocrity.

Also, stop saying healthy. It's not some euphemism you can keep throwing out to mask long-term complacency with weight. It's very easy to tell whether it's fat or a larger frame is causing a big size. Mostly the waistline overhang is the dead-giveaway. No doubt you think that's healthy though.
Original post by Jebedee
How is that clearly the smaller end? Go to any other country where girls actually give a damn about how they look and you'll see it's average. Stop trying to drag everyone down to mediocrity.

Also, stop saying healthy. It's not some euphemism you can keep throwing out to mask long-term complacency with weight. It's very easy to tell whether it's fat or a larger frame is causing a big size. Mostly the waistline overhang is the dead-giveaway. No doubt you think that's healthy though.

I've been to several countries, thanks. It is quite clearly on the smaller end. The larger side of healthy is this (her BMI is within the healthy range, if we're using that). Kaley Cuoco is not "average sized". She's pretty skinny. Like I said, she looks slightly smaller than me and I'm small.

Katie_Green.jpg

I'm not being "complacent" or any other stupid insults you're throwing around. But to insist anyone larger than her is "chubby" is outright wrong. It's not even opinion, chubby would mean someone has to be at least somewhat large, which Melissa Rauch isn't
Depends if we mean fat or not.
"Plus size" can be anything from a size 12 (in some shops) to a size 36 or something, so it's a bit vague.

I think, as with a person of any size, it depends how/where they carry the weight, and whether or not it affects their day-to-day life.

Size is also very deceptive - I'm around a UK size 22, which I know most people on this website would write off on paper. I've never had trouble attracting anyone I'm interested in, though.
(edited 10 years ago)
I assume you don't mean plus size in the modelling world. If so, I don't think many guys would have an issue with that.

But if you mean fat. Most guys, won't go after fat girls.
Original post by marinaim
I would imagine it's because someone who tends to be too lazy to look after themselves is unlikely to be a good relationship partner for most people.

Inb4 generalising and stereotyping; that's what the question demands yet again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do people automatically assume fat people are lazy? Does no one understand that eating more food can be an addiction? People look at those anorexic and know it is a mental illness that they think they are fat when they are not. Well those who are a plus size eat food as a way of dealing with things, hence it is a mental illness and one of the hardest to tackle and over come because you have to eat food to live whereas you don't need alcohol or other drugs to survive. Many many women tend to put on weight when they're pregnant and find it very difficult to lose it because caring for a new born baby is more important then hitting the gym.I know many people who are considered to be a plus size and are not at all lazy, one girl had 4 children and 2 dogs, she is obsessed with organisation and things being clean as well as having a full time job and she does take care of herself! One of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard that plus sized people are seen to not take care of themselves. I know more skinny people who don't shower who don't brush their hair or wash their clothes or brush their teeth than plus sized people who do this. Just because one aspect of their life that they find hard to control and they are considered lazy and to not take care of themselves. This is why it is hard for people to accept plus sized people as people they can actually date. Weight really shouldn't be the only thing you consider when deciding to go out with someone. Plus sized people can be attractive.
Jeeze if Melissa rauch is chubby then I think I might just cry and give up. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by Staceyc1990
Jeeze if Melissa rauch is chubby then I think I might just cry and give up. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She isn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 192
Original post by Anonymous
Why do people automatically assume fat people are lazy? Does no one understand that eating more food can be an addiction? People look at those anorexic and know it is a mental illness that they think they are fat when they are not. Well those who are a plus size eat food as a way of dealing with things, hence it is a mental illness and one of the hardest to tackle and over come because you have to eat food to live whereas you don't need alcohol or other drugs to survive. Many many women tend to put on weight when they're pregnant and find it very difficult to lose it because caring for a new born baby is more important then hitting the gym.I know many people who are considered to be a plus size and are not at all lazy, one girl had 4 children and 2 dogs, she is obsessed with organisation and things being clean as well as having a full time job and she does take care of herself! One of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard that plus sized people are seen to not take care of themselves. I know more skinny people who don't shower who don't brush their hair or wash their clothes or brush their teeth than plus sized people who do this. Just because one aspect of their life that they find hard to control and they are considered lazy and to not take care of themselves. This is why it is hard for people to accept plus sized people as people they can actually date. Weight really shouldn't be the only thing you consider when deciding to go out with someone. Plus sized people can be attractive.

did you not read my inb4.
tl;dr.

Replied to a similar post already. Addressed basically all of this via my inb4 and other posts.

I mean more fat/obese than 'plus' sized as it's a dubious term anyway. ie 16+.
tl;dr.

Replied to a similar post already. Addressed basically all of this via my inb4 and other posts.

I was well aware that you said stereotypically I was just quoting your message to highlight that what you said was a stereotype and it's sad how people stereotype plus sized people this way. I was just stating my point of view on what you say is a stereotype. My message wasn't addressed to you otherwise I'd have used the second person pronoun "you" and addressed you specifically.
tl;dr.

And the girls I was referring to are in your terms "fat" or "obese" as they are 16+ sizes.
Reply 195
Original post by Anonymous
I was well aware that you said stereotypically I was just quoting your message to highlight that what you said was a stereotype and it's sad how people stereotype plus sized people this way. I was just stating my point of view on what you say is a stereotype. My message wasn't addressed to you otherwise I'd have used the second person pronoun "you" and addressed you specifically.

Then what's the problem with it ! I said it was a stereotype and thus not valid all the time. I'm sure that's the same for most posts that are generic as I think such questions demand a stereotype else it would just be boring old 'it depends'. ofc it depends, if you fall in love with someone plus sized so you do.
In my opinion, i find it very unattractive. A lot of 'plus size' girls may have a great personality, but when it comes to looks, it just shows us guys that you do not care about the state that you're in and may cause some guys to be embarrassed when 'walking' or being seen in public with you. Also, the majority of us do not like dating girls who are bigger than ourselves.
Original post by StudentBrian
In my opinion, i find it very unattractive. A lot of 'plus size' girls may have a great personality, but when it comes to looks, it just shows us guys that you do not care about the state that you're in and may cause some guys to be embarrassed when 'walking' or being seen in public with you. Also, the majority of us do not like dating girls who are bigger than ourselves.

It's statements like this that make plus sized people become even more ill. They will either eat more to comfort themselves, or become bulimic or even anorexic which is just as unhealthy. They're not fat because they want to be fat, they didn't go "oh I think I will get fat today"... Rather then saying you will be embarrassed if you walk with her, should really be addressing that they are suffering an addiction which is a mental condition, which is affecting their mental and physical health. Rather then stating the obvious or caring about your feelings rather than there's, as if you're more important than them, should really be helping them in a considerate way by promoting health awareness and allowing them to accomplish this for themselves and not because you will be embarrassed to be seen in public with them. I really credit those who are able to accept plus sized people and can help and support them into becoming healthier rather than just seeing that their fat and not acknowledging them from that point onwards. I have known many people who had views similar to yours, and then they suffered some sort of tragic experience or fell into a depression and their way of coping was food and before they knew it they became plus sizes themselves and realised how harsh some peoples views can be.
Reply 198
She's fat and being fat isn't good. It just shows how lazy you are as a person.
Reply 199
You shouldn't be encouraging fat people, it's not good to be fat. This idea of fat acceptance needs to stop, it's not good for anything. I don't care if your fat but if you start saying it's good to be fat then there's something wrong with you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending