The Student Room Group

AQA English Lit. ( GCSE)

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me, and explain how to write an A* essay for the English literature exam. Like what things to include, what makes it an A*, what structure to follow for writing it... etc, I would be really grateful! :smile: x
Original post by Rabia.Nishat
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me, and explain how to write an A* essay for the English literature exam. Like what things to include, what makes it an A*, what structure to follow for writing it... etc, I would be really grateful! :smile: x

hey, I'm just going to pop this into the English forum as you might be able to get some more responses there. :smile:
Original post by Rabia.Nishat

Firstly make sure you know what you need to know for the exam. By that I mean, you have good knowledge of what your essay is going to be on (novel, play, poem etc)

In terms of structure, have you used P>E>E or P>E>A>L ? Something like that?

Basically, you make your Point
Then you give the Evidence for it (like a quotation)
Then Explain/Analyse it
And Link it back to the question :smile:

Have a look at this also :h:
Reply 3
Thank you guys! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by jarjarmonkey
I suggest buying the Phillip Allan Revision Guides for Literature off amazon, they're very good for top grades from what I've heard. Make sure you buy the right one though for example if your studying "Inspectors Calls" buy the Phillip Allan Revision Guide specifically for that

Thank you for the suggestion, I will do so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending