The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm not expert on this war, but isn't it hesbolah, the terrorists, who occupied lebenon to fire rockets on israel, israel do not want to invade lebenon, they want to get rid of the hesboal terrorsits in lebenon (can't spell). This guy is wrong if that is the case, which is what i have heard. I think isreal are good people, they are not terrorists, which is why America are supplying them with weapons, to fight terrorsim.

A previous post "He supports terrorists and dictatorial regimes. Sounds a lovely and rational sort of person." I agree with this.
I think he makes a damned good argument. If Israel release all Lebanese prisoners that have been captured since 1967 adn withdraw from Lebanese then, and only then, will Hezbollah release captured Israeli soldiers and there will be pease between the two countries.

sophisti kate
My dear, life isn't fair. The USA has not given Israel nuclear weapons. America cannot be compared to Iran in any way. The former is a democracy, with human rights and freedoms. The latter is a fundamentalist Islamic regime with no freedoms.

Iran is a democracy though, albeit not a very good one, as the political candidates are chosen by the religious leaders and not by the parties'.

Have America really supplied Israel with nuclear weapons though? Personally I find this very hard to believe, or I would do if America were not controlled by that idiot George Bush.

If America is supplying Israel with weapons then Iran is perfectly at liberty to supply Hezbollah with weapons.
Reply 22
what a load of crap that was. he even ended up telling her what i (the viewer) thinks.

wouldve been better if hed answered every question with : ill be the cat :p:

oh and america never supplied israel with weapons wether they be nuclear or what, israel uses merkava mk 3 baz main battle tanks made in israel, they do use m16 and m4a1 rifles which are made by america which would have been sold not supplied to israel, these rifles however are being replaced with the IMI tavor. (imi = Israeli Military Industries)
Reply 23
dh00001
what a load of crap that was. he even ended up telling her what i (the viewer) thinks.

wouldve been better if hed answered every question with : ill be the cat :p:

oh and america never supplied israel with weapons wether they be nuclear or what, israel uses merkava mk 3 baz main battle tanks made in israel, they do use m16 and m4a1 rifles which are made by america which would have been sold not supplied to israel, these rifles however are being replaced with the IMI tavor. (imi = Israeli Military Industries)

Actually, not only have the USA supplied Israel with weaponry of all kinds, conventional and nuclear; they are also currently doing so using British airbases as stop off points on the way. Britain too has supplied somewhere in the region of £22 million (IIRC) worth of military equipment in the past year.
Reply 24
creak
Actually, not only have the USA supplied Israel with weaponry of all kinds, conventional and nuclear; they are also currently doing so using British airbases as stop off points on the way. Britain too has supplied somewhere in the region of £22 million (IIRC) worth of military equipment in the past year.

never heard of that :confused: i know the us used to supply israel with a grant for them to spend on buying u.s tech but iv never heard that. is there a source please?
Reply 25
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/0323-05.htm

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/israel/nuke/index.html

Google it, theres almost too much to sift through to find anything concise but detailed enough to illustrate the point; I thought it was common knowledge anyway?
Reply 26
.thanks for the links, no i knew u.s tech and equipment is used but its being replaced with IMI stuff as it grows isnt it? also i thaught russian equpiment was more favoured by the israeli defence force. and sources always seem to be claiming thay israel has no nuclear capabilitys.
but still at the end of the day the weapons are sold not given, economy in the u.s would be pretty ****ty without its weapons trade. but the moral arguments about who to sell weapons to could go on forever....
Reply 27
WAR IS WRONG

i always believe that

I never trust anyone who claims that they speak the truth.
Reply 29
El Scotto

I never trust anyone who claims that they speak the truth.

Let's hope that you never have to do Jury duty then.
foxo
Let's hope that you never have to do Jury duty then.

lets hope you never have to do jury duty.
You'll have two seperate groups of people each claiming to be telling the truth.

Theres rarely ever truth in a courtroom. Its all about who has the best barrister.
El Scotto

lets hope you never have to do jury duty.
You'll have two seperate groups of people each claiming to be telling the truth.

Theres rarely ever truth in a courtroom. Its all about who has the best barrister.

I think the truth is hidden behind the lies.

Latest

Trending

Trending