The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Cut them up for rags, give them to someone who wants fabric scraps, make them into new things (old jeans can become a skirt or a bag, t-shirts can become cushion covers).

I believe there are also places which take fabric for recycling (contact your council for places locally).
Reply 2
Thanks, some good ideas there. The jeans-into-bag idea sounds good.
Reply 3
There are some charities that will take almost any clothes as they can be sent to poorer countries rather than sold on. Don't you get a bag through the post every few weeks asking for old clothes? If you do, make sure that it comes from a registered charity and not a registered business.
Reply 4
Unless they've got big holes in them or something, give them to charity. Might not be sold in stores but maybe sent off somewhere else.
Reply 5
Put them in one of those Clothes recycling bank things they have with the bottle recycling ones, save the world and all that. Alternatively if you cant be bothered just chuck them in the bin ...not that i would ever do such a thing :wink:

Making things out of them sounds like a good idea, I would end up seriously injuring someone out of frustration before i had finished though (never was good at textiles)
Reply 6
kpg
Unless they've got big holes in them or something, give them to charity. Might not be sold in stores but maybe sent off somewhere else.

what's the significance of the years in your sig?
Reply 7
laurah
what's the significance of the years in your sig?

I do believe that they are the years in which Liverpool won the European Cup ...either that or it is some huge coincidence
Reply 8
Asriel
I do believe that they are the years in which Liverpool won the European Cup ...either that or it is some huge coincidence

lol i go with the coincidence :smile:
Reply 9
make them into scarecrowes and sell them on bonfire night.

Latest

Trending

Trending