The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When your feeling a little down would you like to see everyone in the world super happy?
Reply 2
when you're feeling really happy, do you want to see the rest of the world really down?! lol
Oh, I'm sure the contraction of certain cheek muscles in order to create a facade of happiness is going to do wonders to solve the world's problems. :rolleyes:
Reply 4
If you're smiling, you probably have a positive attitude so even if the world is a ****hole it doesn't seem quite so bad.

A smile is infectious, pass it on:biggrin:
Reply 5
I like it when people smile at me in the street for no apparent reason. There's a postman I cycle past alot who smiles at me and I often find that alot of elderly people smile and say "good morning/afternoon" to me. It makes me happy.
Reply 6
Happy people can have a positive influence on others.
once poverty, war, injustice, and other global problems are solved then we can all smile...
i'm a smiley person (well thats what my mates say ) but smiling won't automatically make this world a better place to live in...
Reply 8
but smiling won't automatically make this world a better place to live in...

It would make it nicer though.
Reply 9
sherunsaway
Would the world be a better place if we all just smiled a little bit more?:smile:

Discuss.

it would...
Reply 10
I reckon a smile could make the world of difference sometimes :biggrin:
Reply 11
Gem
I reckon a smile could make the world of difference sometimes :biggrin:

:smile:
Reply 12
It may not solve all or any of the major world problems, but it would give us a more positive outlook on life, therefore making the world seem better and also if everyone was slightly happier, the world would be better (comparitively- I'm not saying that it would be all good).
darkfairy753
No, the world will still be as **** as it is right now.

:ditto:

A smile can be misleading, so be careful how you use it.
Are we supposed to infer that the 'no' option means the world would be a worse place. Otherwise option 3 is redundant?
Reply 15
I don't know about anything as drastic as the world being a better place, but it would certainly make some people's day. You don't ever know what other people are going through and a smile or a hello might affect them in a way you don't reaslise.
Reply 16
what's the difference between the 2nd and 3rd option??
Smiling can instantly boost one's sex appeal, so in theory if everyone smiled, then we'd be a world full of sexy people. That's gotta be a good thing :wink:
Reply 18
The One and Only Lady Jennington
I like it when people smile at me in the street for no apparent reason. There's a postman I cycle past alot who smiles at me and I often find that alot of elderly people smile and say "good morning/afternoon" to me. It makes me happy.

I like it too :smile: and it shows that not everyone hates all teenagers / thinks they are going to mug them ...or maybe they are smiling in fear, ah well
Reply 19
darkfairy753
That made me smile :smile: (for once today)

lol ...you have to admit it feels good :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending