The Student Room Group

History at Uni???

Hiya, i'm currently in my AS level year. I am seriously struggling deciding what to do at uni. I know i don't have to apply until September and i can go to op;en days in the summer time but i really want to get a feel for what I want to be aiming for (makes revision seem much more worthwhile).
my favorite subject is history by far and I would LOVE to study it at history.
The thing is, this year we've been studying British India and I've ben struggling a lot with the source based questions and therfore getting pretty bad grades all year long.
This concerns me and I need tips which might help tackle source based analysis.
ALSO TO HISTORY STUDENTS CURRENTLY AT UNI
what is it like? do they teach you the foundations well? will i struggle? I LOVE the looks of Birmingham. THOUGHTS?:smile:
Reply 1
do it
Reply 2
Hey, I'm currently doing A2 and I'm planning to do a joint honours of history and American studies at Birmingham uni.
I would strongly recommend studying history at uni a it's a subject you love. I wasn't sure what I wanted to study until around October and ended up going with history as I knew it was I enjoyed. Birmingham offers a great course but during your UCAS you'll be overwhelmed by all the variety offered by different unis and may end up changing your mind.

As for British India I did the same course last year and due to a lack of passion for the topic and useless teacher I came out with a C, luckily I got an A on my unit 1 exam, but still need to work extra hard this year to et my overall A. I'd suggest you do everything in your power to improve your grades on the source paper as it really helps to reduce the pressure at A2!

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any questions !

Posted from TSR Mobile
A great book to read if you are even just thinking about History at Uni - its easy to read and will give you a good idea about how History at Uni level is different to A level.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Studying-History-Palgrave-Study-Skills/dp/1403987343
Reply 4
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending