The Student Room Group

Pass in aqa alevel history? Urgent!!!

How to get a pass in aqa alevel history? Urgent!!
is it 160 out of 400? which is 40% ON AVERAGE?
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by runjennyrun17
How to get a pass in aqa alevel history? Urgent!!
is it 160 out of 400? which is 40% ON AVERAGE?

I remember last year when I did my exams for AQA A-level History, 320/400 was an A grade, 280/400 was a B and so on..
240 = C
200 = D
160 = E

So yeah.. that's just an average guideline though, could be slightly different each year. Hope it helps:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Yomigo
I remember last year when I did my exams for AQA A-level History, 320/400 was an A grade, 280/400 was a B and so on..
240 = C
200 = D
160 = E

So yeah.. that's just an average guideline though, could be slightly different each year. Hope it helps:smile:

thank you so much!
but i thought 160/400 is always the same only grade boundaries would differ each year. very confused.
Reply 4
Original post by Yomigo
240 = C
200 = D
160 = E

and what if i got 170/200 for my as and 0/200 for my a2, can it still be counted as a pass as 170 is higher than 160?
and what if i got 170/200 for my as and 0/200 for my a2, can it still be counted as a pass as 170 is higher than 160?

yes but how/why you would manage to go from an A grade to an E doesn't quite make sense
Reply 6

Yeah I think your overall UMS marks is your final grade so 170/400 would be a pass, but I don't see how you'd manage to get 0 ums in A2. There's a coursework you had to complete and a final exam in june right?
Reply 7
Original post by AndrewGrace
yes but how/why you would manage to go from an A grade to an E doesn't quite make sense

Yes but it's only an assumption.
because I always think that in order to get an A you have to have 80% minimum for each unit and to get an E you also need to have 40% minimum for each unit.
And it turns out to be only A* has special requirements for a2 units

Just very confused
And I wish I could be more relaxed with my history exams and focus more on other subjects that have higher requirements in the offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Yomigo
Yeah I think your overall UMS marks is your final grade so 170/400 would be a pass, but I don't see how you'd manage to get 0 ums in A2. There's a coursework you had to complete and a final exam in june right?

Thank you so much!
I think I won't get an E :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by AndrewGrace

And thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending