The Student Room Group

what do you drink in the pub

Scroll to see replies

Cider, generally Rekorderlig unless I'm in Spoons in which case I get cocktails :smile:
Guinness !! Goes very well with a Large mixed grill and a side of garlic bread :smile:
Reply 22
Vodka lime and soda.
Reply 23
Lager in the pub.

Wine on sports dinners.

Anything goes in the union.
Reply 24
Original post by Genocidal
Nothing at those prices. In fact, I don't go. I refuse to give any of those places my custom. No sympathy when I hear about all the pubs closing down. At those prices surely it's obvious why they're closing down?

Its hardly the pubs fault, its all bloody tax. Most publicans earn less than £5 an hour.
Reply 25
Original post by tehFrance
Cider, generally Rekorderlig unless I'm in Spoons in which case I get cocktails :smile:

Is rekorderlig really a cider though? I thought it was an alcohol marketed as a "fruit cider" in order to make it seem less effeminate. Its basically just an overpriced bacardi breezer.
Reply 26
Most of the pubs I go in have like 15 different beers on tap, so I just have a pint of each and see which is best.

Funnily enough they always seem to get tastier as the night progresses.
Reply 27
Magners, why would i drink apple sourz?
Reply 28
Original post by cole-slaw
Most of the pubs I go in have like 15 different beers on tap, so I just have a pint of each and see which is best.

Funnily enough they always seem to get tastier as the night progresses.

This tactic. In descending price/quality because several drinks in and anything tastes fine so why waste your money.

When I'm sensible though I'd take a desperados with a wedge of lime in the top. I like zesty but not too sweet drinks. I cant drink any of those ciders everyone drinks these days so sickly after the first.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Citrusy not zesty
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by tmorrall
This tactic. In descending price/quality because several drinks in and anything tastes fine so why waste your money.

When I'm sensible though I'd take a desperados with a wedge of lime in the top. I like zesty but not too sweet drinks. I cant drink any of those ciders everyone drinks these days so sickly after the first.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats the thing with cider. The sweetness just builds up.

I like a decent quality traditional dry cider, but even cider manufacturers admit they drink two pints of good cider and then switch to beer.
Reply 31
Original post by cole-slaw
Thats the thing with cider. The sweetness just builds up.

I like a decent quality traditional dry cider, but even cider manufacturers admit they drink two pints of good cider and then switch to beer.

Dryer the better and yes I wouldn't blame them they know what goes in it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Either beer/lager, or Koppaburg.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wine, or vodka and coke. Sometimes cocktails if they're available.
Reply 34
Almost always a nice dry cider. If we go to our favourite college bar, they often have some really good ;guest' barrels, different almost every week. Some are whacky. Some are dangerous. It's fun.
Otherwise gin or wine. I'm starting to drink more ales as well with one particular friend, but still prefer cider. I despise vodka, will never drink it.
Also - absolutely hate things like kopparberg or rekorderlig, they make me feel sick. I don't see them as cider in my mind haha.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by miser
Pint of gold.t
(Thatcher's)

Ditto. It is becoming more available here too.
Reply 36
Original post by Genocidal
Nothing at those prices. In fact, I don't go. I refuse to give any of those places my custom. No sympathy when I hear about all the pubs closing down. At those prices surely it's obvious why they're closing down?

well they have to charge those prices as they're taxed so heavily, about a third of the price is tax. blame the government really.
Kopparberg, malibu & coke/lemonade, cider & black or a couple of cocktail pitchers if I'm having a few in Wetherspoons.
Usually an orange juice and lemonade.
Original post by Iridescenzo
Probably Strongbow, assuming it's on tap, although I'm ashamed to admit that I like Rekorderlig.

And this, TSR, is why we still need neg rep :tongue:

I drink a cider of some sort, preferably a guest cider or something interesting if they have anything like that, but most pubs it ends up being Stowford or Aspell.

Quick Reply

Latest