The Student Room Group

How to revise AS History

I'm really struggling with revising all the content, especially as i'm doing so many different methods of revision; mind maps etc. does anyone know a quick and effective way to revise for AS history? please help, thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Annachet_
I'm really struggling with revising all the content, especially as i'm doing so many different methods of revision; mind maps etc. does anyone know a quick and effective way to revise for AS history? please help, thanks!

Plan answers to every question that has come up by looking at the past papers of your exam board. Not the shortest process but by far the most useful and you'll be pleasantly suprised at how many times they repeat questions
Reply 2
Original post by Johnpeters
Plan answers to every question that has come up by looking at the past papers of your exam board. Not the shortest process but by far the most useful and you'll be pleasantly suprised at how many times they repeat questions

Have you done this? for AS History?

and thanks!:smile:
The above is solid, and in addition, if you have time, go through the textbook and with a stickypad. This forces you to make useful notes, and not just copy out the book.
Good luck!
The best thing is just to keep revising regularly; I know it's not the easiest thing when you only have a couple of weeks, but you can sort of cram the same stuff every day for that time and still learn it

For example, look at your revision notes, go over them until you've memorised them, and then throughout the day, in between essay questions and the like, just ask yourself little questions about the stuff that you've looked. If you keep asking yourself, you can go back and look at what you don't remember, until you do remember it.

I do this, like in keep asking myself 'On what date did MLK die?' Or 'What happened on June 11th 1963?'; only started that today and already I know it! It works :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Annachet_
Have you done this? for AS History?

and thanks!:smile:

Yes, this is all I have done. It also helps you remember content. Go through the Mark schemes as they provide good content. Also unlike other subjects, as we only get 12 and 24 markers, the actual questions they can ask are limited and have almost certainly come up before in some form
Reply 6
Thank you everyone for the advice, it has been really helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending