The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

What should I do? Sunderland or Northumbria ????

Hey guys I have applied to various universities for BA(hons) Top up course and from the various offers I have received I have decided to shortlist University of SUNDERLAND & NORTHUMBRIA university.

Now I am confused about what should I do shall I accept my offer in Sunderland or Northumbria as after seeing various reviews I have come to know that in the aspect of teaching and academics Sunderland is better but in other aspects like students welfare Northumbria is better. and also how and why is Northumbria university's ranking increasing every year while Sunderland's ranking is decreasing .

So please help me chose the best university .

Thanks in Advance
Personally, I would say Northumbria hands down.

- As you say Northumbria's ranking is increasing every year
- Best student union in 2011
- Newcastle is becoming a Tech Hub with continuing to innovate in both science and medicine.
- No1 for Nightlife AGAIN.
- A city that has been voted various times as 'best place in the UK for students'.
- Walk everywhere in the city centre in within 15 minutes.
- Entry Requirement is Higher.
- Graduate Prospects is Higher.

etc etc..
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
and what is wrong with university of Sunderland?
Reply 3
I go to Northumbria University (and like it) and I have friends who go to Sunderland, some only went because they didnt get into Northumbria and some regret not going and chosing Sunderland. However you've got to do what is best for you, looking at the pros of cons of both uni's in terms of the course, the city and soical life. Good luck! (:
Reply 4
Either ex-polys wouldnt make a difference...
Reply 5
Northumbria is above Sunderland in the league tables and keeps moving up whereas Sunderland keeps moving down. Also better night life at Northumbria.
Northumbria !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending