The Student Room Group

Classic car insurance?!

Anyone got any suggestions for cheap car insurance on a E30 BMW 316i? I'm 21. Going to ring round some companies tomorrow - but for now - any tips?

Cheers
Reply 1
Compare the market
Confused.com
Money supermarket etc .

One you have the cheapest price off that ring the second cheapest company then ask to beat the first . Then ring first ask them to beat new price !

Saved me £100!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought most companies required you to be 25 for classic car insurance?
Reply 3
Try Adrian Flux and other actual classic car insurers. How old are you? If you're younger than 21 you might have to pay a bit more for classic cars. Pretty much the only cheaper ones to insure are *proper* classics, like 70's and older.
Reply 4
That's not a classic car lol and you have to be 25 usually.

Look in the back of a motoring magazine for all the proper insurance companies, the comparison sites give you an idea, if you get on the phone and go through a broker, you could save an awful lot more...

My defender is insured on a CC Policy for £150 Fully Comp. A year. Get a Defender. Oh that is with Footman James
Reply 5
Original post by gbduo
That's not a classic car lol and you have to be 25 usually.

Look in the back of a motoring magazine for all the proper insurance companies, the comparison sites give you an idea, if you get on the phone and go through a broker, you could save an awful lot more...

My defender is insured on a CC Policy for £150 Fully Comp. A year. Get a Defender. Oh that is with Footman James

T'is!

We just got old, Graham. :wink:

You can put a Z3 on a classic policy these days mate. I know how you feel, though... I still think of the E46 as being "the new shape" even though it hasn't been for over a decade.
Reply 6
Really!?

Anything prior to 1973 isn't a classic car in my book...! But wow, maybe the S2000 will be a classic soon and I can put that on a cheap policy!
Reply 7
Original post by gbduo
Really!?

Anything prior to 1973 isn't a classic car in my book...! But wow, maybe the S2000 will be a classic soon and I can put that on a cheap policy!

Don't give me ideas! I'd put it to one side after checking insurance costs, this may change that...
Try footman james

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending