The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i hate physics. I need a c.
Reply 21
afcwill
quite difficult actually. i found the Forces, Fields & Energy quite hard and the unifying was a bit difficult as well i also did nuclear and particle for the option topic and i think i messed up the last question. for the unifying can u remember the 1st question about using weighing scales, 2m tape measure and a stopclock - well i looked at the forum on TSR after the exam and a few people didnt use that equipment! i hope they bring the grade boundaries down a bit because i desperately need a C, im hoping to do physics at university. :biggrin:

I did that unifying concepts paper, and bloody hell am I nervous about it... I need a B, that paper crumped my hopes for an A. Anyway, I know I missed at least 25 marks of that paper. I just hope the other exams keep my result at a B...
Reply 22
I need a B minimum which im hoping to get! damn salters physics, it really is a tough little f***er! Oh well no matter i shall find out on the 17th! :frown:
Reply 23
BillyM
I did that unifying concepts paper, and bloody hell am I nervous about it... I need a B, that paper crumped my hopes for an A. Anyway, I know I missed at least 25 marks of that paper. I just hope the other exams keep my result at a B...

where did u lose the marks, i think i lost mine on the graphy stuff in the middle of the paper, i think i done ok in the 1st part of the question about using the 3 pieces of equipment to take measurements but they probably tricked us somewhere in that paper and i think the 1st part of the question may have been it. anyway, i hope you get the B. :biggrin:
Reply 24
i couldnt even finish the whole first section on the physics synoptic paper - i know im in for hell! i need the A in physics for uni !!!!
Reply 25
Tommy07
i couldnt even finish the whole first section on the physics synoptic paper - i know im in for hell! i need the A in physics for uni !!!!

Heres to hoping then that the grade boundaries are significantly reduced to allow us all to go to uni. i need a C in physics. yeh the synoptic is an exam difficult to revise for because practically anything that isn't physics related crops up! to think that the whole point of exams is to show how much you can recall and generally know - it doesn't seem the case with the synoptic paper does it? :rolleyes:
Reply 26
MissSurfer
I'm worried too. I did OCR Advancing Physics AS Level.

I remember one paper going fine and the other going awfully. I just hope so much that I get an A because I want to do Physics or NatSci at uni so my grade for this is really important!

I did that one! I remember the wave properties paper going badly, and because its out of only 45 marks, each one counts that little bit extra. However coursework counted for half of that unit and i did okay on it. I thought forces and motion went suspiciously well.
Reply 27
I actually thought my physics exam was quite strange. Electrons and Photons has always been my weakest module and I managed to confidently answer most of the questions and finish the paper in about 35 minutes. I was convinced I'd missed something out or made a massive cock-up somewhere cos it was just not like me to get through an E+P paper so quickly. It was also the module I did the least amount of preparation for, which made it even more weird to be honest. So I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to get in physics. Hopefully something good though as Wave Properties and the practical went well, and the forces and motion went quite well too.
Reply 28
Kaiser Mole - I was also going to say; you that confident about your STEP results? :smile:

Well good luck to all you guys on full A-Level; so many seem to be relying on Physics. Eep
Reply 29
did anyone do aqa?
I did WJEC! was ok-ish. Think i did better in maths this year than physics.
Reply 31
I did AQA AS this year and it went ok apart from daft mistakes. Hoping for nothing less than an A. :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending