The Student Room Group

Fasting during exam??

Hello,

I know every uni people got exams now, good luck!

I am a third year student and my exams starts this week and I got 5 exams..
I am very well aware of how IMPORTANT these exams are.
I however, want to go on a diet because I think I am using exam revision as a excuse to eat way too excessively.
I have become too lazy and idle due to excessive junk food and plus I can't even think or sit in the library for no more than 1 hour or concentrate at all. I always feel very bloated, lazy and sleepy even craving for more food.

Energy drink doesn't help at all anymore, I had 25 cans of redbull in 5 days to wake myself up but I was only awake for 3 days and fell asleep in the library.

I always think before studying, 'okay i must eat a lot now because i need a lot of energy to study' then I end up eating too much, always feeling too full to study, think or even sit still then I fall asleep.
For instance, I have at least 3 chocolate bars, 3 packs of instant noodles, a big can of redbull, sweets, and loads of rice a day....
I have been doing this for a month or so, hence obviously I have gained hell of a lot of weight! None of my clothes fit at the moment and I feel too embarrassed to go to library to study.

Therefore, I was thinking about doing fasting for 2 or 3 weeks, no food at all, just water and vitamin only to wake myself up more and become more sensitive.
Do you think this is a sensible idea?
Reply 1
lol, yeah, great idea...
Just drop your calorie intake to around 1200 calories a day. Doing some gentle to moderate exercise will help too. Don't fast. You'll just end up binging.
Really?
Cut out all caffeine. Exercise to help you sleep better. Get into a routine. No food = brain not working, if you fast your brain will automatically think food!and won't stop thinking it until you get food.

Stop using food as an excuse not to revise. Which is what it really sounds like.
Try snacking on fresh fruits, handful of nuts.

It is berry season.

Rather than energy drinks try fresh fruit juice or smoothies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eat less. It's that simple.
Don't fast.

Just cut down on all the junk and eat fruit/veg as snacks instead. Also, nuts.

Cut out all the caffeine, and get some sleep.
Just eat small, regular and healthy meals - even if you just have porridge and a banana in the morning then snack on fruit. And make an exercise plan. You will lose weight and be less lethargic. :smile:
This is not sensible at all...............................cut out the junk food and energy drinks. Replace it with healthier foods, fresh water and stuff.
You'll see a difference in how you feel in a few days after you cut out the bad stuff. Organise your time, go to bed on time and before midnight, wake up early, etc.
should wait till after your exams to fast.

Until then stop eating so much lol.
Dear only take light food during exam and be happy :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest