The Student Room Group

Gcse science help

ok so I have my biology B2 and B3 exams on Tuesday and my chemistry C2 and C3 exams on the Thursday following (both aqa) and well to be blunt I'm ****ed, I'm barely getting a B on both and need to revise over them heavily over the next few days and simply don't know how to, I've used past papers to get my maths up to an A* but that method isn't helping me much for science, I need help guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
"This might be useful or not, but what helps me get A*s in science is to actually understand it rather than cram it. I don't really even revise for it anymore. It's not too late, just try to build an intuitive sense of what you're learning, if you're learning about pressure, imagine why, visualise the particles ricocheting across the walls of the container. Think to yourself, if the container is smaller, more of these small pieces of matter are going to hit the walls per unit of time, exerting a greater force.

Know that diffusion kinda makes sense rather than learning the definition. Think about spraying a aerosol can, and it going from a high to low concentration. Think about if you toss a bunch of small spherical sweets on the floor, they hit the floor at a high concentration, and move out to a lower one. The only reason they practically stop this, is because of the absence of ambient temperature, like in particles, which just keep moving and diffuse out.

I like to think of current and voltage in physics as a road, although it's not really applicable in some instances, for example, if the current is incredibly low, a high voltage isn't going to do as much harm. I think as current as cars on the road, and voltage as the speed. If you have 1 car going at a fast speed, chances are you probably won't get hit. Lots of cars at a high speed and you probably will. Lots of cars moving realllly slowly is less dangerous. It just helps me build sense of things."

Also, past papers, like you said, even if you don't like them, are the way. Questions are repeated and rephrased, especially in Chemistry. You don't even need to do the papers, just read through them, along with the mark schemes will still be beneficial. Don't get stressed out over it, there isn't actually that much content in science to revise, as long as you have a bit of understanding.

Hope it goes well,
Best of luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending