The Student Room Group

I want to work for a lingerie shop. Only experience in waitressing. help?

The title says it all really aha
Reply 1
Just really exaggerate your experience with customer service and what it means to you etc. Convince them you have a lot of confidence and are willing to help out customers and work hard really. Any work experience is valuable for any job, despite the differences :smile:
Reply 2
As above. And say you frequently buy it yourself so you know a lot about it, etc.
Reply 3
Original post by ohdear6
Just really exaggerate your experience with customer service and what it means to you etc. Convince them you have a lot of confidence and are willing to help out customers and work hard really. Any work experience is valuable for any job, despite the differences :smile:

so would a skills based CV be more appropriate? I'm a massive fan of lingeries but i've never shopped in their shop before as this shop's pretty high up there (AND THIS IS WHY I WOULD LOVE LOVE TO WORK FOR THEM). I'm more of a La Senza/Ann Summers/Victorias Secret kinda gal HAHA
Reply 4
Original post by odkfn
As above. And say you frequently buy it yourself so you know a lot about it, etc.

so would a skills based CV be more appropriate? I'm a massive fan of lingeries but i've never shopped in their shop before as this shop's pretty high up there (AND THIS IS WHY I WOULD LOVE LOVE TO WORK FOR THEM). I'm more of a La Senza/Ann Summers/Victorias Secret kinda gal HAHA
Reply 5
Original post by Thatgal

Well you don't need to explicitly say you shop in their shop; just say you regularly buy lingerie. I'd say your C.V should always be skills and qualification based with minimal chat. Then, always, submit it with a cover letter also, in the form of:

Spoiler

Well, that escalated! Dunno how I ended up writing all that, haha.

Best of luck, let me know how you get on!
Reply 6
Original post by odkfn
Well you don't need to explicitly say you shop in their shop; just say you regularly buy lingerie. I'd say your C.V should always be skills and qualification based with minimal chat. Then, always, submit it with a cover letter also, in the form of:

Spoiler

Best of luck, let me know how you get on!

Ahahahah that genuinely made me laugh! Ahhhh thank you so much! Your helps been greatly appreciated :biggrin: Hope you're having a good day and take care for now :biggrin:xxx
Reply 7

Spoiler: show

Best of luck, let me know how you get on!!

super cool, that example is an innovative and efficient template to do a winner cover letter,
really useful,
thank you soooo much!!
your experience is still relevant, you're used to dealing with customers face to face and showing a positive and friendly attitude and always being helpful (or you wouldn't get a tip!), also means you've practiced watching out for people who look like they want something and offering help at the right time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending