The Student Room Group

what to write in a CV for becoming a waitress

I have never worked before in my life so have no prior experience. so other than my gcses, a levels and some volunteer work at my library and tutoring people maths in my school, what else should i put in my cv?
Reply 1
Have you done anything like prefect, position in a sports team, eg captain, fixtures, kit, Cadets, Scouts, help at a church?

That said, you have more to put on your CV than some people. You don't need direct work experience necessarily to get a job; you need transferable skills, which means you've provided services and taken on responsibilities that would help you in a job.

Look at the job advert and tailor your CV to show off what you have. You are dealing with 'customers' already! Put some facts and figures in there; how many people did you tutor, did people improve their grades, how many people used the library?
Mention your personal qualities as well! Interpersonal skills - attention to detail.

Put down any volunteering experience.

List your qualifications to date

Mention your extra-curriculars to show you are a well rounded person!
Original post by lee_miller7
I have never worked before in my life so have no prior experience. so other than my gcses, a levels and some volunteer work at my library and tutoring people maths in my school, what else should i put in my cv?
At this stage, most things you can link to the job will be fine! Some examples:

Tutoring people = communication skills, such as clearly explaining things to others (waitresses do this with menus), being responsible

Volunteering in school library = being organised, possibly working with others in a team, managing your time if you do this regularly

Essentially, what skills do things you already do give you that are transferrable to being a waitress?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending