The Student Room Group

Why are nightclubs full of male giants (both in terms of musculature and height)?

Scroll to see replies

mabey if you went out and actually spoke to some girls you would have a better chance ! when im in a club i notice 1 - music/dancing 2 - my friends 3- 4-guys who SPEAK TO ME !! most girls are not going to notice some insecure guy wingeing and moaning in the corner
(edited 8 years ago)
People people who can't compete stay at home

generally speaking
Reply 22
Original post by Old_Simon
Good luck with that.
Is that a dig at me personally or are you saying that women are only attracted to money? Many guys out there don't earn vast sums of money and they're successful with women. As long as you have a job and are independent, that's usually enough.

Personally it wouldn't feel right to be with a woman who is only attracted to my money. It would give me an empty and depressing feeling deep down that she doesn't like me, only the material things that I possess.
Reply 23
Original post by e aí rapaz
OP are you Riku's brother?
We are definitely alike no question. But no, I'm not his brother.

Original post by + polarity -
So how did people get laid before everyone and their brother started going to the gym?
Good looks, confidence and high status.
Original post by Bassetts
It's been a while since I've been to a nightclub (about 3 years now). But last time I went, all I remember was it was full of so many guys who were giants, both in terms of the muscle they carried and their height. I remember queuing up for some underground part of the club and there was this group of massive guys in front of us. They were monstrous, really wide backs, huge shoulders, huge arms, Mediterranean style tans and all at least 6'3+. These guys were like hulks. This wasn't an exception. There were guys all throughout the club who a good 6foot or taller and massive (so massive that if you trained naturally in the gym for several years, you wouldn't get anywhere near to their level of massiveness). It made me and my group of friends feel very small and insecure. We were all between 5'9 and 5'11 and pretty regular builds. In an everyday scenario we'd look normal, but we were all made to feel extremely small the few times we did go to nightclubs.

Is this the case with every nightclub and what are these guys' secrets for getting so huge?

It's simple correlation.

When looking for a ONS females will base their decisions almost entirely on looks. Since bars and clubs are where people meet for prospective sexual partners this attracts those people who are most socially attractive and females find tall, muscular men attractive. Of course people like yourself will also go drinking but your standard dingy nightclub will tend to attract a certain type of person while the classy cocktail bar with good music will feature the less slutty people or the men who can't get the easy women and so look for relationship material.
Original post by Bassetts

Good looks, confidence and high status.

I've never been to a gym in my life, I'm not particularly good looking and am a bit on the chubby side, I don't have a high social status, I smoke (apparently girls don't like that), I am extremely self-assured though. I've ended up sleeping with 4 people in the last 2 weeks and I only went out once and managed to get a date out of a game of croquet. Go figure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending