The Student Room Group

2015 Entry: **Dental Hygiene and Therapy Discussion**

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2300
Original post by lottie192
Yeah I know it will be so stressful!! I would live there as well, my interview was 25th Feb, when was yours? X

Aww really?! Your the first one iv spoken to that was planning on staying there! Hopefully we both get in from the reserve list eh! 25th March! Are you an A level student? X
Hi guys and girls, I emailed Kings yesterday to ask when letter are coming and if, unlike Eastman, they do actually reply to everyone.
Turns out all decisions for shortlisting have actually been made already!
Here is what they sent me:

"I would like to confirm that the application shortlisting process has now finished and we hope that outcome letters will be sent shortly and hopefully before the end of May. We do respond to all candidates that have applied even if the outcome was to be unsuccessful."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katieem92
Hi guys and girls, I emailed Kings yesterday to ask when letter are coming and if, unlike Eastman, they do actually reply to everyone.
Turns out all decisions for shortlisting have actually been made already!
Here is what they sent me:

"I would like to confirm that the application shortlisting process has now finished and we hope that outcome letters will be sent shortly and hopefully before the end of May. We do respond to all candidates that have applied even if the outcome was to be unsuccessful."

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no, that's so scary!!! Ah, now I'm super duper anxious! Good luck to everyone xxx
Original post by Kej04
Aww really?! Your the first one iv spoken to that was planning on staying there! Hopefully we both get in from the reserve list eh! 25th March! Are you an A level student? X

Oh really? I live like 3 Hours from essex so I wouldn't be able to drive in. Yes hopefully we do, no I'm doing Access to higher education at the moment and I'm a dental nurse, what about yourself? x
Reply 2304
Oh really? I live like 3 Hours from essex so I wouldn't be able to drive in. Yes hopefully we do, no I'm doing Access to higher education at the moment and I'm a dental nurse, what about yourself? x

Where you from? I'm 2 1/2 hours away down in Coventry.
I'm a dental nurse with radiography, currently doing A level Biology and Oral health education. If I don't get in this year, in going to also do an access course so I can apply to all places! X
Reply 2305
Original post by DHDTLauren
Finally got my offer on ucas! Just accepted, who else is going to essex and knows anything about term dates

The induction days for Essex are 17th and 18th September xx
Original post by Kej04
Where you from? I'm 2 1/2 hours away down in Coventry.
I'm a dental nurse with radiography, currently doing A level Biology and Oral health education. If I don't get in this year, in going to also do an access course so I can apply to all places! X

I live in eastbourne it's near Brighton on the coast. Oh how's the oral health education course, if I don't get in this year I'm gonna do that! Access is ok, just so much work so glad I'm coming to the end of it now x
Reply 2307
I live in eastbourne it's near Brighton on the coast. Oh how's the oral health education course, if I don't get in this year I'm gonna do that! Access is ok, just so much work so glad I'm coming to the end of it now x

That can get you into so many places though the access course! I should have done that last year really!

Only joined the course Monday havnt actually done anything yet, I'm focusing loads on my biology. So hard!!! Especially teaching myself! X

Oh Eastbourne, very nice!! X
Has anyone heard from queen mary? Or know if offers have been given out? Thanks x
Who's firming or insurancing Leeds?
Anyone firmed Manchester?
Original post by Katieem92
Hi guys and girls, I emailed Kings yesterday to ask when letter are coming and if, unlike Eastman, they do actually reply to everyone. Turns out all decisions for shortlisting have actually been made already!Here is what they sent me:"I would like to confirm that the application shortlisting process has now finished and we hope that outcome letters will be sent shortly and hopefully before the end of May. We do respond to all candidates that have applied even if the outcome was to be unsuccessful."Posted from TSR Mobile

fingers crossed we hear soon then!
Does anyone know the start date for Teeside dhdt xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2313
How was everyone's Livepool interview? Anyone heard anything yet? x
Reply 2314
Hi, everyone need advise -- Ive been rejected from all unis this yr thinking of doing an access to science course, is that a good idea? I know unis will probably consider those with good alevels... any help would be good :smile:
Reply 2315
Original post by ZMST
Hi, everyone need advise -- Ive been rejected from all unis this yr thinking of doing an access to science course, is that a good idea? I know unis will probably consider those with good alevels... any help would be good :smile:

Hi, I don't know if this will help but I got rejected by all my unis last year when I only had a-levels. But instead of redoing my alevels or doing any courses I decided to get loads of work exp with dental hygienists and I got a job as a carer. For me it showed that I was a caring, patient and empathetic person which is what they often look for. The work exp just showed them I am super into what I'm applying for and understand what I'm getting myself in for. Also they know you're clever by looking at your a levels, maybe it's physical work exp you need?
This year my dream came true when I was accepted on to the dental hygiene course at Cardiff.
There are loads of different ways to get what you need to go on the course but it's what you take away from it that is really important. Hope that kind of helps xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2316
Original post by kbro7
Hi, I don't know if this will help but I got rejected by all my unis last year when I only had a-levels. But instead of redoing my alevels or doing any courses I decided to get loads of work exp with dental hygienists and I got a job as a carer. For me it showed that I was a caring, patient and empathetic person which is what they often look for. The work exp just showed them I am super into what I'm applying for and understand what I'm getting myself in for. Also they know you're clever by looking at your a levels, maybe it's physical work exp you need?
This year my dream came true when I was accepted on to the dental hygiene course at Cardiff.
There are loads of different ways to get what you need to go on the course but it's what you take away from it that is really important. Hope that kind of helps xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, thank you for your lovely reply.. but I am dental nurse since the past 4yrs with a few alevels which are not great (grade D) , I also have post qualification in radiography and currently doing oral health education... am not sure whether I should go fulltime studying and do access course and then get rejected again? as many student will come out of alevels and apply for DHT and unis will consider them than access cours I havee??
Reply 2317
How did people find liverpool mmis to other interviews? Have they given out offers yet?
Original post by kbro7

That's really really good advice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2319
[QUOTE="HygieneTherapy15;55471841"]
Original post by kbro7

That's really really good advice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you chick!😊 I just want to make people know that there are so many ways to get in and I nearly gave up hope, but there are so many special people who work hard and deserve to get a place, just such a shame there's not more places on the courses😕 xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest