The Student Room Group

How long do responses have to be - edexcel animal farm?

hey, i have the edexcel exam tomorrow - and i'm just wondering how long the responses should be... i know, it's late... i'm confident with the exam overall but not sure how long your answer should be for b/c/d part questions. I'll be able to talk to my English teacher before the exam tomorrow but if anyone can reassure me, that'd be great haha, I'm guessing about 4 points for each but i don​t want to write too much, considering you have to spend around 15mins max on b/c/d... i've completed mocks at home because i've been ill - just a last minute panic. help!!
I need help on this too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
1hr30
Reply 3
Original post by Okeyiaj
1hr30

I mean the length for each question i.e. Does it have to be 3-4paragraphs for each... i have a general idea that it should be around 3 for 3 points, just need some assurance haha.
Reply 4
bumpppp:P
Reply 5
How did you do ?
Reply 6
I'm not sure... hoping for an A* but agh, I really don't know. I am sure I referred to Steinbeck as Orwell at at least one point ... oops haha. :smile: hope you did awesome :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by 3sandsevens
I'm not sure... hoping for an A* but agh, I really don't know. I am sure I referred to Steinbeck as Orwell at at least one point ... oops haha. :smile: hope you did awesome :biggrin:

Haha, I've done that before. Question about deception f***** me over as I merely forget the meaning of it.
Reply 8
Original post by Okeyiaj
Haha, I've done that before. Question about deception f***** me over as I merely forget the meaning of it.

I can't even remember what I wrote... The significance of deceit in the novel... then I don't even know haha. I did it on a laptop (my English teacher spoke to the exams officer... because my handwriting is awful in exams!) I think it slowed me down though, but I suppose it's better than the examiner being unable to read it!! I do remember saying something about how deceit/deception leads to disempowerment. It's totally blank after that though haha.
Reply 9
I can't even remember what I wrote... The significance of deceit in the novel... then I don't even know haha. I did it on a laptop (my English teacher spoke to the exams officer... because my handwriting is awful in exams!) I think it slowed me down though, but I suppose it's better than the examiner being unable to read it!! I do remember saying something about how deceit/deception leads to disempowerment. It's totally blank after that though haha.

Oops I think we have to wait 12hrs to write about edexcel exams!
Reply 10

I only did well on a) & b) talking about how Mollie is indirectly breaking the commandments by oversleeping and how 'overslept' connotes Man-like behaviour etc. I guess I've already lost 22 marks on not know what deception meant. What do you think you got and what would you be happy with. And it's cool how they let you on the computer, you could've just gone on google for reference?
Reply 11
Original post by Okeyiaj
I only did well on a) & b) talking about how Mollie is indirectly breaking the commandments by oversleeping and how 'overslept' connotes Man-like behaviour etc. I guess I've already lost 22 marks on not know what deception meant. What do you think you got and what would you be happy with. And it's cool how they let you on the computer, you could've just gone on google for reference?

They turn off the internet :smile:
Reply 12
They turn off the internet :smile:

What did you think you got & what would u be happy w/?

Quick Reply

Latest