The Student Room Group

Will I be penalised?

I completely got question 12 and question 3 wrong at first so I had to use additional paper as my working out was a complete mess at first, in the end I got:

25 degrees and 4 females use the gym, are these right and will I be penalised for using additional paper?

p.s. Does it matter that most of my working out was messy? Easy to follow but messy....
Reply 1
As long as your work is included and easy-ish to mark, you'll be fine. You're only penalised if you put offensive comments on the exam paper!

I got those two answers as well.

They made us write our candidate number and centre number on the tracing paper we used and it's being sent off with the exam paper!
Reply 2
Original post by Sacred Ground
I completely got question 12 and question 3 wrong at first so I had to use additional paper as my working out was a complete mess at first, in the end I got:

25 degrees and 4 females use the gym, are these right and will I be penalised for using additional paper?

p.s. Does it matter that most of my working out was messy? Easy to follow but messy....

Correct answer --> full marks
Correct answer but obviously wrong working (i.e. a guess) --> no marks
Fully correct working, but with wrong answer --> varying amounts of method marks

I don't know what Q12 was but Q4 was four women yes. Additional paper is on offer for a reason, they won't penalise you.
Why would you be penalised? Nearly half the people in my exam always use extra paper haha, don't worry about it! I'm sure you did fine :biggrin:
Extra paper is fine, as long as it is attached, the question on the extra paper is clearly marked and all the relavent sections in the booklet clearly crossed out...

But...just out of interest. What sort of question led to the answer that 4 women use the gym?? I would have expected a bit more, lol. (/jk)
Original post by lerjj
Correct answer --> full marks
Correct answer but obviously wrong working (i.e. a guess) --> no marks
Fully correct working, but with wrong answer --> varying amounts of method marks

I don't know what Q12 was but Q4 was four women yes. Additional paper is on offer for a reason, they won't penalise you.

Good! Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest