The Student Room Group

Is this workout routine any good?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jim-stoppani-six-week-shortcut-to-shred-training-overview.html

Have you seen it before?
Have you tried it?

Is it ok if I start it from Monday after being out the gym for a year?
I clicked the link... so much bull****... what's the actual routine?
Original post by e aí rapaz
I clicked the link... so much bull****... what's the actual routine?

Capture.JPG
OP - that's not good at all. Anything that feels the need to legitimise it's training as "Don't fear overtraining" for the newbie is not good.

Check out Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 for a good beginner mass gaining routine :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Angry cucumber
Capture.JPG
OP - that's not good at all. Anything that feels the need to legitimise it's training as "Don't fear overtraining" for the newbie is not good.

Check out Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 for a good beginner mass gaining routine :smile:

Oh ok, but when would be an ideal time to start his programme?

I'm not essentially a newbie to gym-ing but I'm a tad rusty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anything that lists bodyparts and not movements, is not really a routine.
Strong bro science, cardio acceleration. Gain endurance, size and strength. Don't fair over-training, yh sure.

Work towards a goal. You reps and sets will be different depending on what you want [size, strength, endurance]
Pull, Push, Legs. Do compounds and then isolations for the neglected heads.
Original post by Angry cucumber
Capture.JPG

8-10 reps + 4 sets > 5 x 5

when it comes to gaining mass
Reply 7
thats the second part of stoppani's shortcut to size. the short cut to size is quite good imo, although i usually dont listen to bodybuilding routines. And i dont see how this is over training, just eat right and sleep well. Ice cream fitness 5 x 5 would be the best place to start imo however dont bother with barbell shrugs, the big lifts work traps enough
Original post by ROONEY-9-MUTD
8-10 reps + 4 sets > 5 x 5

when it comes to gaining mass

Thats why its 5x5 for compounds + 8-12 for isolation.

It's more hypertrophy based than something like SS

Also the problem with PPL is that you get leg day which people skip as its hard + not enjoyable if you're new. Also doing a body part once a week isn't "optimal" tbh.

It worked for you though, fair play you made it work and you look good... Mirin

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest