The Student Room Group

Arsey's Edexcel D1 S14 Model Answers (in first post)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Where's Part 2?
Reply 61
Original post by Arsey
it is basically the same thing but yeah nice. y isn't -1/k though, it is the gradient, but I know what you mean.

Oops - thanks for pointing that out!

P=x+ky    y=1k+Pk P = x + ky \iff y = - \dfrac{1}{k} + \dfrac{P}{k}
Original post by Arsey
not sure, I would have thought it would have said 'float' if it meant just one activity; I took the total to mean all the floats added together.

Page 101 of the textbook defines "total float" as float, it appears they are synonymous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow. I did better than I thought I did, although still very time consuming. In all my exams that are 1hour 30 mins long I've always comfortably finished in about an hour and 10 mins. Whereas this was literally a race against time

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arsey
not sure, I would have thought it would have said 'float' if it meant just one activity; I took the total to mean all the floats added together.

Arsey I was wondering, how do you get your exam papers so quickly lol
Original post by subject1
Arsey I was wondering, how do you get your exam papers so quickly lol

He's a teacher. Goes down to the exam hall and takes one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, question 6)c) was killer! I thought you just had to assume that x was 23 and pack bins as such, so I only got "x=23" as a result.

Also, how many marks will I lose if I did 96/24 to get k>4? :frown:. I really hate it when I do these dumb mistakes.

I think those were the only marks I lost, other than maybe some of those definitions which shouldn't even be in this module.

Thanks, Arsey!
Reply 68
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
May I ask you why you are a bear?

Bears rock
Reply 69
Original post by B-Stacks
He's a teacher. Goes down to the exam hall and takes one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If only... have to wait until the muppets finish now.

In the good old days, I used to go in have a quick shufty at the paper, then go outside where they were all waiting to offer last minute revision tips. lol.
Reply 70
Original post by Dude-YeahThatsMe
Page 101 of the textbook defines "total float" as float, it appears they are synonymous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still think if you explained about the time which the early time could be delayed without delaying project (something along those lines) regardless of the sum element, you would get the marks.
Reply 71
Original post by wjason
Oops - thanks for pointing that out!

P=x+ky    y=1k+Pk P = x + ky \iff y = - \dfrac{1}{k} + \dfrac{P}{k}

still missing an x, lol
Original post by Arsey
Bears rock

Did you look at the R paper yet?
I found there's a question that is very cheeky and the explanation questions also.
Could someone help me predict what i got for maths and further maths overall, I need 2 A's:

C1 - 69/75
C2 - 67/75
S1 - 71/75
M1 - 72/75
FP1 - 66/75
D1 - 63/75
Original post by Arsey
If only... have to wait until the muppets finish now.

In the good old days, I used to go in have a quick shufty at the paper, then go outside where they were all waiting to offer last minute revision tips. lol.

Hahaa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
These are my minimum marks, marked harshly from your mark scheme:

FP1 - 64/75
S1 - 65/75
D1 - 64/75

Is this enough to get me my A in AS Further Maths??
This paper was CRAZY!!!😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Harsha4674
Could someone help me predict what i got for maths and further maths overall, I need 2 A's:

C1 - 69/75
C2 - 66/75
S1 - 71/75
M1 - 72/75
FP1 - 65/75
D1 - 63/75

Just looking at those marks looks good enough for two A's

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by Harsha4674

C1 - 69/75
C2 - 67/75
S1 - 71/75
M1 - 72/75
FP1 - 66/75
D1 - 63/75

Definitely an A in both :smile:
Hi Arsey, thanks for the mark scheme - much appreciated.

For the define 'total float' question, in the textbook, this is exactly what it says:

The total float of an activity is the amount of time that its start may be delayed without affecting the duration of the project.
Total float = latest finish time - duration - earliest start time.

Am i right in saying this differs from yours? Will this answer be correct? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending