The Student Room Group

GCSE higher 3 papers grade boundaries help??

Hi guys it's my first time doing GCSES I moved to England this year and have no idea how these things work. I'm taking GCSE maths edexcel linear higher papers (there are 3 papers, I've taken 2 so far). I'm really worried about my grades and at this point I just want to pass (I don't think I did well AT ALL). Can anyone give me an idea of how many marks I need for the 3 papers total to get a C? How many marks are there in total? Thanks so much!
Original post by Bernadetteee
Hi guys it's my first time doing GCSES I moved to England this year and have no idea how these things work. I'm taking GCSE maths edexcel linear higher papers (there are 3 papers, I've taken 2 so far). I'm really worried about my grades and at this point I just want to pass (I don't think I did well AT ALL). Can anyone give me an idea of how many marks I need for the 3 papers total to get a C? How many marks are there in total? Thanks so much!

It's quite confusing because if you are doing 3 exams you are doing the gcse B syllabus that used to examined as 3 modular exams taken at different points in the course. Because of changes in the rules, this now has to be examined in a linear fashion with all 3 exams at the end. Grade boundaries always change with each set of exams to compensate for different levels of difficulty and they are not decided until the papers are marked. Because of this change it is unwise to use previous grade boundaries as a guide for these exams. My guess would be around 35% overall for a C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Thank you so much this helps a lot!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending