The Student Room Group

Maths gcse grades

How much would I need to score across 3 papers so how much out of 240 Would I need to score to get a grade 4?
Original post by s_19969
How much would I need to score across 3 papers so how much out of 240 Would I need to score to get a grade 4?
See https://mathsbot.com/gcse/boundaries
Approximately 160/240, for foundation paper.
Higher paper: about 40 to 60
Original post by s_19969

Which exam board are you with for maths? Are you doing foundation tier or higher tier?
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
Which exam board are you with for maths? Are you doing foundation tier or higher tier?
higher edexcel ive checked it ranges from 52-40 it did go down to 38 in 2022 and then 47 in 2023 who knows what itll be it seems very light though. im guessing it depends on how everyone does
Original post by s_19969
im guessing it depends on how everyone does

Well, it depends more on how easy/hard the paper is, which isn't quite the same thing as "how everyone does".

The theory is that if students get slightly higher marks because they put out a paper which is a little easier than normal (not intentionally, just because it's impossible to create two papers of identical difficulty), then they'd adjust the grade boundaries up to compensate. However, if students did better because that year was full of smart kids who studied hard, then they'd leave the grade boundaries alone and students would get better grades.
Original post by s_19969
Nobody can work that out for 2024. You can get a rough idea but this year's boundaries won't be set until after papers are marked!

Quick Reply

Latest