The Student Room Group

Edexcel maths gcse resit november 2021

Hey! how did everyone find the resit?? I did higher

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ddebbie28
Hey! how did everyone find the resit?? I did higher

Heyy, I did higher too and I think I did decent but I was really stuck towards tge end. Just going to put my all in paper 2 and 3 now.
Reply 2
Original post by hasansaeed1
Heyy, I did higher too and I think I did decent but I was really stuck towards tge end. Just going to put my all in paper 2 and 3 now.

What grade are you aiming for? 🤞paper 2/3 goes well for us! I also do higher paper btw. I did not attempt the last 3/4 questions which were worth around 15 marks in total as I did not understand them at all. The paper went pretty good for me; I think I will get just over half marks! I am aiming for a 7/8 because I got a 6 in my Actual gcse maths exam!
Reply 3

If your gonna cram make sure to use the Pomodoro technique where you do 25 min study and 5 minute break. Do this 4 times which would be 2 hrs! Then take a solid 15-30 minute break in between! You will retain the info better instead of cramming and burning yourself out for the exam!
Reply 4

yeah same! with the surds questions i was understanding it until i started simplifying it
Original post by Bazz78
If your gonna cram make sure to use the Pomodoro technique where you do 2oh 5 min study and 5 minute break. Do this 4 times which would be 2 hrs! Then take a solid 15-30 minute break in between! You will retain the info better instead of cramming and burning yourself out for the exam!

Oooooo yusss, to be honest I never really revise or use techniques but I really feel like I should cuz it's getting to a point where I literally can't revise. So ye I got a 5 but I'm aiming for a 7/8. Btw do u have any social, I'm planning to do an all nighters again lol and some company and helping each other would be cool ig
yeah same! with the surds questions i was understanding it until i started simplifying it

Ye I just really fumbled towards the end. Oh well all I can do is move forward.
Reply 7
Ye I just really fumbled towards the end. Oh well all I can do is move forward.

I jammed the calculator
I jammed the calculator

Great success💀
see i thought i jammed it but idk cos the last few questions were hard.
hey, I'm retaking higher maths as well.
I found paper 1 okay its wasn't too bad and paper 2 was okay as I knew understood trig and revised a load of it last night,
they were both fairly difficult towards the end just worried about paper 3 now ahah
I can also attach a link to the video that covers all the grade 6-9 topics if that helps just let me know
Reply 11
Original post by fathima12m12344
hey, I'm retaking higher maths as well.
I found paper 1 okay its wasn't too bad and paper 2 was okay as I knew understood trig and revised a load of it last night,
they were both fairly difficult towards the end just worried about paper 3 now ahah
I can also attach a link to the video that covers all the grade 6-9 topics if that helps just let me know

I also found paper 1 decent! The first half of it was pretty good but the last few questions were tough especially the functions question and I just left them out instead of wasting time on them. Paper 2 was pretty good as almost everything I revised came up on that paper. The probability questions and the cumulative frequency graph were pretty good. I attempted the iteration part but I left it as I did not understand anything from it and you needed part a to work out part b.

Hope paper 3 goes even better so I can get that 7 and just move on! I need that 7 for my uni choice and they said I had to have that grade for the course otherwise it’s instant rejection!🙁
Original post by Bazz78
I also found paper 1 decent! The first half of it was pretty good but the last few questions were tough especially the functions question and I just left them out instead of wasting time on them. Paper 2 was pretty good as almost everything I revised came up on that paper. The probability questions and the cumulative frequency graph were pretty good. I attempted the iteration part but I left it as I did not understand anything from it and you needed part a to work out part b.

Hope paper 3 goes even better so I can get that 7 and just move on! I need that 7 for my uni choice and they said I had to have that grade for the course otherwise it’s instant rejection!🙁

good luck hope you get a 7! I'm in a similar situation, I need a 6 for the course I want to do and I got a so hopefully we both get the grades we need :smile:
Reply 13
good luck hope you get a 7! I'm in a similar situation, I need a 6 for the course I want to do and I got a so hopefully we both get the grades we need :smile:

Hopefully!😊 I think I got around 40 in the first paper and 50 in the second paper so I think I will get a 7 if I do well in the 3rd paper!

How many hours are you planning to revise for paper 3 on Monday? For me I am going to do at least 5 hours of revision every day leading up to it! Mostly using maths genie and past papers.

I actually got a 6 before but now I mostly only revised topics that I struggled on! I kind of touched a little bit on the easier topics I already knew to refresh my memory.
Anyone know the grade boundaries for Foundation?
Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 22.59.31.png
Reply 16
Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 22.59.31.png

Hope it’s around 125 this year as well!
Original post by Bazz78

I talked to my maths teacher and he told me that they will have to lower the grade boundaries due to the grades being so high this summer so hopefully they aren't too bad
Reply 18
Fellow resitter here. I found Paper 1 really good, but Paper 2 was quite a bit harder...
Well, my hopes are up for Paper 3. Hopefully we can all get the grades we want :smile: Good luck everybody!
Original post by Bazz78

what examboard do you do

Quick Reply

Latest