The Student Room Group

Mental illness & university entry requirements

Hi all

I'm thinking of applying to uni in 2015 ( Hopefully Loughborough uni to study sports management ) ... The thing is that i've not got the correct entry requirements for the course which is

BTEC Level 3 Diplomas: 10 units at Distinction plus one academic A-Level at grade B, or 6 units at Distinction plus BB in two academic A-Levels. The BTEC National Extended Diploma will not be acceptable as a stand-alone qualification, but will be accepted in conjunction with one or more A-Levels as per the above requirements.AdditionalStrong GCSE profile (majority A/B) including minimum grade B in Maths and English Language

The thing is i currently have the following

BTEC 90 credit diploma in business ( MM )

A level ICT - E

AS film studies - C

AS Travel & Tourism - B

Got 1B & C's in GCSE's

I understand this is not enough for entry but i am hopeful of going to college to top up my btec to an extended diploma and hopefully get DMM or better. The reason i did no poorly in my studies was because of depression, anxiety and Attention deficit disorder . I have a full medical record showing all this for proof too... Would any uni especially Loughborough take my reasons into circumstances and revise entry requirements for my entry ?

Cheers all
Are you still suffering from those conditions, if so the university will think you probably won't be able to cope with the course.
Reply 2
Original post by x__justmyluck
Are you still suffering from those conditions, if so the university will think you probably won't be able to cope with the course.

No i'm much much better now !!! A different person now i have medication & counselling :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending