The Student Room Group

Mature student entry requirements

Hi all, I'm hoping to apply to a Beng in mechanical engineering this September, so far I plan on taking Highers in maths, english, and physics as well as NC engineering systems at SCQF 6, I've noticed a lot of universities want 4 highers but also state they treat mature student entry differently. I've contacted the universities I am interested in but some have given very vague answers concerning this. Does anyone know from experience if I should try and take a 4th higher or if I should be okay with what I am already planning to take?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by malakai
Hi all, I'm hoping to apply to a Beng in mechanical engineering this September, so far I plan on taking Highers in maths, english, and physics as well as NC engineering systems at SCQF 6, I've noticed a lot of universities want 4 highers but also state they treat mature student entry differently. I've contacted the universities I am interested in but some have given very vague answers concerning this. Does anyone know from experience if I should try and take a 4th higher or if I should be okay with what I am already planning to take?

Thanks!

They are vague, I agree. Your best bet is to try and find a real person to talk to, on the course that you want to attend. Course administrators can be really helpful and should be able to direct you to the right person to talk to. What they really want to know is whether you have the aptitude to do a degree so they might just tell you to apply. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending