The Student Room Group

Can I get a unconditional offer being under the requirements?

I have 9D 30M 6P and the uni wants 15D 30M. It is only one 6 credit unit that has a pass. The foundation year is 32 UCAS points. How likely is it that I can get my conditional offer changed to unconditional?
Reply 1
You are very 'below' on these Access to HE requirements - are there any specific unit requirements?
If you dont meet those in full, then you may need to rethink this choice.
Original post by McGinger
You are very 'below' on these Access to HE requirements - are there any specific unit requirements?
If you dont meet those in full, then you may need to rethink this choice.

There is no specific unit requirements and the uni who has given me a offer has a reputation of letting people in quite easily, I know my cousin went there and studied law without having her maths gcse. Its the closest uni and im wondering if anything they may put me on a foundation year? But im way over the requirements for that.

I rang admissions and they said that if i upload my diploma they will look at changing it to unconditional and said it depends on the course whether they will bend the entry requirements... 🤔
Reply 3
Most Unis want to help mature students to get to Uni, but they also want to be confident that you are not going to struggle on the course and then drop out - so you did the right thing by contacting them to ask for their advice.
Ah yea that makes sense, i will be 22 when starting so considered a mature student as well as no close relatives that have gone to uni I'd be the first. They seemed to like me in the interview and I tried my best to sell myself and make sure they know im commited so we shall have to see what they say 🤞🏻😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending