The Student Room Group

Changing to a foundation year.

Ok so here is my situation. I feel like my a levels have not gone to plan and i may not get a place in uni. Looking at my insurance choice i realise that the coarse i am doing has a foundation year. I know that ucas applications have closed down but would it be too late to ask the university if i could change to a foundation year?
Original post by Lord Wells
Ok so here is my situation. I feel like my a levels have not gone to plan and i may not get a place in uni. Looking at my insurance choice i realise that the coarse i am doing has a foundation year. I know that ucas applications have closed down but would it be too late to ask the university if i could change to a foundation year?

I don't see why you can't just phone the university (unless you have your name down on another course at said uni) and ask if they have any places left on the Foundation Course.
If so, ask if you can put your name down on that list.

If not, there is always clearing and I KNOW for a fact there will always be places left in clearing for foundation years. Some of my mates done Foundations due to their A levels not being as high as were needed and they ALL got in.
Reply 2
Original post by Scienceisgood
I don't see why you can't just phone the university (unless you have your name down on another course at said uni) and ask if they have any places left on the Foundation Course.
If so, ask if you can put your name down on that list.

If not, there is always clearing and I KNOW for a fact there will always be places left in clearing for foundation years. Some of my mates done Foundations due to their A levels not being as high as were needed and they ALL got in.

Thanks you give me hope :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending