The Student Room Group

Course help and university

So i was looking around on the UCAS website at Computer science degreesm and im a tad bit confused. Would computer science be the right course for someone whos interested in computer science, animation and graphics as well?

What are the top universities for computer science?

People who have done this degree what jobs has it led you onto?
Reply 1
I'm doing Computer Science at Coventry, and similarly like you I was also interested in the graphics and animation aspects.

But to be honest I don't think there is a degree for these areas, computer science is strongly focused on programming, problem solving and maths.

If you really want to focus mainly on the graphics design and animation aspects I would suggest to learn, practise and experiment etc it yourself instead of going for computer science.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 2
Original post by al3ks
I'm doing Computer Science at Coventry, and similarly like you I was also interested in the graphics and animation aspects.

But to be honest I don't think there is a degree for these areas, computer science is strongly focused on programming, problem solving and maths.

If you really want to focus mainly on the graphics design and animation aspects I would suggest to learn, practise and experiment etc it yourself instead of going for computer science.

Thank you for answering!
Ahh I see how are you finding it? :smile:

I found a course at the university of east anglia and the course is 'computing science,imaging and multimedia' but I checks the graduate prospects on the tables and it's 68.3% which compared to the other top unis isn't that high :s-smilie: also, I've been told that it isn't that much of a good university so I'm not sure :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
The course is okay, I like the maths modules (logic and sets) and programming, but would enjoy something more creative like graphics design/ 3d graphics and web design as part of it too.

I've finished my first year, and gonna start the 2nd soon.

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Reply 5
Reply 6
Original post by Blob :)
So i was looking around on the UCAS website at Computer science degreesm and im a tad bit confused. Would computer science be the right course for someone whos interested in computer science, animation and graphics as well?

What are the top universities for computer science?

People who have done this degree what jobs has it led you onto?

Not animation and graphics (unless you mean the maths behind the graphics, in which case sure.) Try looking at joint honours with digital media, graphic design or animation if that's what you're really passionate about.

A warning: CS is very maths-based, so make sure you're not looking for an IT course if that's what you really want. IT and CS have very little in common.

(Also, there is no need to bump a thread after six hours of inactivity.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending